Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Our Friend Barbara Partington needs our Help! - Yes, you read this right!
3/21/2007 12:15:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Everyone knows that AdlandPro is more than just a business community - we are a family of members who need to stick together, through good times and bad times..

Right now I am contacting you to ask for your help and moral support for our friend Barbara Partington.  As most of you  know, she is the wife of the well known John Partington - owner of the Just Perfect Award forum and many quality business forums.  She is better know to most of us as The Power Behind the Throne.

If you all remember, at the end of last year, John started to decorate their home, in spite of his many other commitments - including accepting the POTW.  All was well and Barbara tells me that John did a splendid job of redecorating DOWNSTAIRS.

However, the bedroom remains un-redecorated and John appears to be showing signs of allergy to the paint brush.

I have promised Barbara that we, her friends at AdlandPro will join together to persuade John that this small decorating job is something that will bring great happiness to his lady wife and that we will encourage him all the way until the job is finished. 

If you wish to send Barbara your decorating ideas and suggestions for colour schemes - I am sure she will  be delighted to hear from you.

STOP PRESS:  She prefers pastel colours (see her post on page 3)

DOUBLE STOP PRESS;  Barbara has now started her own forum called Cheeky Fiesty Girls (CFGS) - ladies, all visits are encouraged

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/BarbaraAnn/
(Barbara's  profile - to invite her to be your friend)

And we will use this forum to encourage John to fulfill Barbara's hearts desire  .
New: Our next forum thread in this series will deal with Barbara's need to have her own internet connection

Love
Jenny

p.s.  Tangerine is a very pleasant colour Barbara.  What do you think?

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Our Friend Barbara Partington needs our Help! - Yes, you read this right!
3/21/2007 2:45:26 PM

Hi John,

Everyone can eat an elephant, one bite at a time.

ok, now let's set some goals:

choose colors

choose accesories

locate supplies

purchase need supplies

find a shelf to store items until you get motivated to paint.

This sounds like a good start but it won't get you very far if you don't set some deadline dates.

Now get busy John!!!

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2007 3:41:29 PM

Hi Jenny & OMG Barbara, I know exactly what you are going to - so I will address the rest of this to my good friend, JP

FINISH IT!

NOW

Thanks, John!  I know you will do it now.  And, Barbara - hang in there. 

P.S. This is nothing.  Our home is 2-1/2 year old and when we  moved in I bought a new light fixture and mirror for the powder room.  I also bought the paint and the wall paper border that I wanted in the room. I bought matching towels and the towels are now fading and the mirror and light fixture are still in the box and the paint has not been opened.

Let's see now I have a LOT more - but what you've done here, Jenny is get me started -  I'll stop for now.  Have fun and Barbara count your blessings - it's only been a couple of months (LOL)

Judy

+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2007 4:00:51 PM
OH MY Goodness Barbara, please take special care....... I am sure that your decisions are the best......
VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2007 4:55:37 PM

Hello All,

I understand exactly how you feel.  My hubby built our home from 1977-1978. 

We moved out in 1987 ... that's when the baseboards were put on! ... thats 9 years after we moved in ... hang in there Barbara ... you have a ways to go!

I'm going to send along Joe's best friend to rope John in for you!

Smile & Have A Great Day

Sincerely,

Terry

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!