Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Our Friend Barbara Partington needs our Help! - Yes, you read this right!
3/21/2007 6:57:36 PM
Hi Marilyn,

Like your colour schemes.  Another nice one is very soft peach, apricot, pink and country blue - a tuscany sunset effect - very good if sponged on with a three and half sponging technique (the half are the little flecs of blue).

I would love to know what Barbara thinks of these, but I think that John is keeping her away from the computer! lol

Come to think of it - where is young John?  I dont see him online.  I know he doesnt want the "D" word mentioning really, but as it's done - he might as well take advantage of all the great motivation stuff on these pages! lol

Love
Jenny

+0
3/21/2007 8:43:33 PM

Hi Jenny

I thought you were joking when you mentioned about the forum but I see the deed has been done!

Thanks to everyone who has responded with all their ideas, We haven't got as far as choosing a colour yet. We will probably keep it quite neutral and then we can always change the accessories without them clashing with any dominant colour scheme.

I can't complain about Johns reluctance to start decorating as I don't like doing it either. I wish we could just wave a magic wand and it would all be finished.

I'm sure he will start it when he's ready and do a wonderful job as he always does. He's always willing to help with any little problem I might cause around the house (and belive me there have been quite a few). He's my hero!

Now I have suitably embaressed him I think I should quit while the goings good , so thanks everyone and keep the ideas coming.

Lots of love

Barbara X

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/22/2007 9:49:52 AM

Hi Jenny!

I think the paint will have a skin or two - don't worry I won't repurchase the paint until the hubby finally opens up the dried out stuff.

Hang in there, Barbara.  If I had worried or said anything at a measly 3 months, my hubby would have felt "henpecked".  My friend Terry waited for 9years for baseboards and then moved out!

C'est la vie - there are so many more important things - this is FUN!

Judy

+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/22/2007 11:48:37 AM

John,

You must finish the job that Barbara wants. Just remember when Mama is happy everybody is happy. LOL

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/22/2007 4:44:50 PM
Hi Barbara,

It was a joke, but when your dearly beloved husband called me "you know what" instead of understanding natural female solidarity - he left me no choice - I cant resist a challenge.  And I was sure that a few decorating ideas wouldn't go amiss.

I must admit that pastel colours are so much more restful on the eyes for a bedroom - although there are some lovely tones avaiable these days.  What does John think about sponging?  It does take a little longer but the effect can be quite stunning.

Hmm -  yes all that praise doesnt really fit his image at AdlandPro as the guy who shoots straight from the hip - but, well images are made to be broken. lol  Knew you were a softy underneath John.

Hope you get some good ideas anyway.  If not, we can always post it on the Arts and Crafts forum!

Love
Jenny

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!