Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Edward Pena

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Need Help from the Web Authoring Gurus - Site Navigation
3/12/2007 4:41:24 PM
John,

That was great advice. Thanks for helping out Tanya.

Ed
+0
Tanya V.

683 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Need Help from the Web Authoring Gurus - Site Navigation
3/12/2007 4:47:06 PM

I need some help.  Please.

I'm looking for some direction on how to create a website navigation menu for my entire site in one easy to update file.

I have many, many pages within my site and would really like to be able to update my menus by updating one file instead of every page.

I look forward to your help.

Thanks!  :)

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/12/2007 5:02:22 PM

Hi Tanya,

Its quite easy to do, you need to create a separate shtml file please note the s in front of html and you need to create your menue on that page only.

Then you have to change all your webpages, don't worry all you have to do is put an s in front of the html on all of your pages, this then tells the server that their is a side menu to load for every page!

It will slightly slow down the loading of your pages, but with faster internet speeds now available it probably won't be noticable, now you need to put a link to your menu on all of your pages where you want your menu to appear.

Something like this:

<!-- IFRAME  -->

<iframe width="300" name="menu" height="300" src="menu.shtml" border="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" align="left" hspace="0" vspace="0"></iframe>

If you don't want a scrolling menu put no in scrolling="no" I hope this has helped you?

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/12/2007 5:06:37 PM

Hi, how is your site set up?

Do you use CSS stylesheets, html pages, or PHP?

I have a SW tool I could probably set you up with that creates menus quickly, let me know if you'd like it.

But....if your site is CSS or PHP you just change the menu in one place and all your pages navigation menus get updated.

If you don't use either CSS or PHP you might have to change each pages menu manually.

Hope that helps...

Jason

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/12/2007 5:08:50 PM

Hi John,

Thanks... you just helped me figure something out!

That's good advice.

You Rock John!

Jason  

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!