Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's middle name day
3/10/2007 6:39:58 PM

Hi Kathy,

See, we have reminded you to get those answers while your mother can share with you.  Then comes a time when it is too late. I have so many things I wish I could ask my mopther.

Will be watching for your answer Katherine, good northern European name.

+0
Robert Coaster

581 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/10/2007 10:03:34 PM

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the invite & great subject.

My middle name is George & it was to honor my maternal grandfather who also was named George & he was from Germany.

Take care,

Bob

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2007 11:03:47 PM
Hmmmm how interesting is this, 'Middle Name day'

Well Mary, I was named after my maternal grandmom and her name was Sybil....so thats me Pauline Sybil !! :-)

Thanks Mary !

Pauline R
+0
Lucy Walker

241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/10/2007 11:29:42 PM

Hi Mary Alice,

Interesting topic. Mary Alice is my first cousin's name. She is three years older than me and taught me to braid my hair. So she has a very special place in my heart.

The name 'Lucy' was my maternal grandmother's name. I had five older brothers so my father's family was happy to get a girl.  It seems my father promised his sister (who is now 100 years old) that he would name his first girl after her. After some argument they gave me her name as my middle. Her name is Dorothy. It seems that someone at the records office did not like 'Lucy Dorothy' so they changed it all on their own. When my parents received my birth certificate they realized that my middle name had been changed to 'Doris'.

My Mother and Aunt never quite got over the fallout created by that change. My mother and Aunt Dorothy always call me by both names.

Sincerely,

Lucy Doris

http:www.searchbigdaddy.com/walkplum363

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!