Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
It's middle name day
3/10/2007 3:43:41 PM

Hi everybody,

It's time to celebrate one of those ever so special days in the calendar.

You got it---it's middle name day.

Middle Name Pride Day

When : Always March 10th

Middle Name Pride Day honors the seldom used middle name that often sets you apart from others. It was selected with care, so you should be proud of it.

Here's two big reasons to be proud of your middle name:

First, there are plenty of John Smiths and and Mary Jones. Its the middle name your parents gave you that makes your name unique.

Second, your parents chose your middle name with great care. It often was selected to honor a friend or relative. That person may have possessed certain characteristics that they want you to inherit. 

Do you know why your were given your middle name? If not, todays the day to find out. If it was in honor of someone, find out a little more about that person.

We encourage you to enjoy your middle name on Middle Name Pride Day, and every day!

Note: Middle Name Pride Day is uniquely different from Name Yourself Day.

So--ooo what's your middle name.

My parents named me for my two aunts, mom's sisters.....Mary and Alice. I was called Mary Alice til I went away to college.  Even today, I can tell in what era of my life people know me from as they will either call me Mary or the dreaded Mary Alice.

What's your middle name and why did your parents choose it?

+0
John Rivera

1329 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: It's middle name day
3/10/2007 3:53:26 PM

Hi Mary

So--ooo what's your middle name.

OK.... HERE goes.  My real name is Johnny Benjamin Rivera. My middle name was given to me because that was my fathers middle name.  I've always hated the name Johnny and worst Johnny Benny, and the only one that now calls me that is my sister in Florida.  All of my friends have called ME:   "JR" since I was a kid growing up and I use that consistently in my marketing, when I answer the phone, etc.  Thanks for the invite, this is going to bring some very interesting names to the plate.

JR

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2007 4:00:00 PM

Hi Mary,

My name is Kathleen Cecilia, I was named for my maternal grandmother, her name was Katherine Cecilia.  She died in July of 1956 and I always wondered why my mom didn't name one of my 3 older sisters after her, but she said she figured I would be her last child and I was born in July 1965 so she thought that was a coincidence.  The name Cecilia has been in my mom's family as a middle name for several generations but has not been used as a first name yet.  I don't have any daughters but maybe one of my sons and their future wives will decide to use it as a first name someday.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2007 4:11:04 PM

Hey there Johnny Benny,

Now you let the cat out of the bag.  Why did our parents do us like that???

Thanks for sharing.  This is going to be fun.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2007 4:14:02 PM

Hi Kathleen,

What a dignified name.  Hope there is  a Cecilia in your family some day and they would no doubt be called Cecil, which is popular now.

Thanks for sharing Kathleen Cecilia.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!