Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Ottawa River Ice Fishing - March 3rd
3/7/2007 1:05:46 PM

Hi Jerilyn!

I'll create more, we have a little more ice fishing, then spring trout fishing (it si really nice, here's a shot from last years first day out.

A nice lake, Long Lake in Calabogie Ontario.

There's 1 house one the lake and all the rest is "crown land", here in Canada anyone can camp on crown land for up to 21 days for free.

No facilities, nearest town 25 minutes down the dirt road.

Lake is Accessed by trail or rough road know as Bohmpa's Trail (snowmobile and 4 wheeler trail)

It's deep, rocky, cold and stocked with many very beautiful and sometimes elusive rainbow trout. 

They are almost too pretty to eat, but so delicious (nothing like shore lunch) you just can't resist carving them into a couple nice fillets and frying them up over the open fire.

We got skunked this day, nada! Ate hot dogs roasted on the open fire (always have a back up plan!)  

Fish fries are best gobbled down with a load of home fries on the side, steaming hot.

Here's as far as my car goes there in spring, looking back down trail

My boy and his buddy, mine has the white shirt. Oh the dog too, Bailey 

Picture

Here's the lake, still has ice and it's late april, 2006 

Picture

We will have spring trip and this year we have a Peddle Boat now, so look out you Calabogie Rainbows!!

Cheers!

Jason

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
3/8/2007 6:58:50 AM
Hello Jason: Thank you for sharing this forum. As you can see from my pic I love fishing too. I have a daughter, age 15 whom I have taught to love fishing from an early age. We really dont have ice fishing here in NJ but we have the mighty Delaware where we catch walleye, trout, catfish, bass, striped bass. Also am lucky to be close to the ocean so we fish there for flounder, striped bass, black fish, lil tuna, really anything that will bite even sharks. Skates are fun to fight with but I have not eaten. I ice fished in New Hampshire as a young boy with my father and I hated it no fish, too cold and only jerky to eat since my Dad had no luck either. Does anyone catch fish ice fishing? I only see it on TV and they probably have a live one in a cooler they put on for show! LOL Thanks again! Scott
Eat, Sleep, Go Fishing
+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Calabogie Ontario Speckled Trout
3/8/2007 7:23:23 AM

Hi Scott,

Did you know you can copy and paste your fishing pics into posts here?

Man you have a vast amount of fishing choices, sounds like fishing year round!

As far as ise fishing goes, we go so close to home, and on the warmer days

(we get a real winter here, most years) so we don't get cold.

Many people have huts with woodstoves, you can leave it there all season.

Easy to make, just plastic and 2 by 4's.

Skid pallets make a nice floor, and put it on runners so it's easy to move around.

There are a lot of 5 pounder walleyes caught this year.

And the odd monster pike comes up (they usually bust off, even with 20 pound line)

So yes, you can get them, but for some reason, my day hasn't come yet!

So come on back , let's see some Delaware trophys!

Jason

Dad, I Got a Whopper!

What we really catch here!

Lac Belanger, Calabogie Ontario, CA

My boy got a nice one, worms work excellent!

Lac Belanger, Calabogie Ontario, CA

Enjoy!

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
3/8/2007 4:14:10 PM

Hi Jason,

Looks like fun even if you do not caught any dinner lol Thank You for sharing , We time time outside this time of year walking the parks and playing  soccer with the two little ones "not so little anymore 9 and 14 "  Summer we all start off with polishing up or roller blade wheels Can not wait weeeeee......bump  Have a Great evening  :-) Lee  

+0
Danny Mills

302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/9/2007 10:40:40 AM

Some good shots my friend. Looks like everyone had some great fun. Enjoy the pictures,

thank you,

Dan

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!