Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE FROM GODS DAILY PROMISES
3/2/2007 7:30:24 AM

This week's promise: God is in charge of the world

Is it not reassuring to know that God is King of kings?

For the Lord is a great God, the great King above all gods.

Psalm 95:3 NLT
When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan. A just king gives stability to his nation…
Proverbs 29:2,4 NLT

Come, Thou Almighty King

Come, Thou Almighty King,
Help us Thy name to sing,
Help us to praise;
Father! all-glorious,
O'er all victorious,
Come, and reign over us,
Ancient of Days.
Come, Thou Almighty King (v1), AUTHOR UNKNOWN

Presidents, kings, and other ruling officials should be honored and prayed for. So wrote the apostles Peter and Paul, who lived under the Roman emperors. But we must never forget that the King of kings and Lord of lords deserves our ultimate honor and complete allegiance.

This hymn appeared anonymously in George Whitfield's Hymn Book, published in 1757. It is usually attributed to Charles Wesley, but was probably published anonymously for a good reason. Scholars think Wesley wrote this hymn as an imitation of the English national anthem, "God Save Our Gracious King." The national anthem had just been written, and it had become popular throughout England. This hymn may have been Wesley's way of keeping priorities straight.

Whether the author was trying to remind us that there is an almighty Kind greater than any earthly ruler, or whether he was simply writing it as a special hymn for Trinity Sunday, it is a grand and noble hymn praising our sovereign Lord.

Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE FROM GODS DAILY PROMISES
3/2/2007 7:42:03 AM
Thank you Carla!  Just what I was looking for today.  God is great!
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2007 8:07:40 AM
Amen to this Carla, indeed thru prayer and supplications we can uphold our leaders and pray for good sense and the fear of God to prevail.

Thankyou for sharing dear we are blessed.

Paula
+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2007 9:44:39 AM

Carla,, Very good message for today. I Pray for our Leaders as well as everyone. Not to mean this as sarcastic,,,But today,, Our Leaders Do Need Prayer.

Thank you for this share today and also Thank you for posting for Mike in my forum. He was so Happy.

Peace, Sharon

+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/2/2007 1:53:12 PM

THANK YOU CARLA, THIS WAS THE PICK ME UP I NEEDED.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!