Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: INSPIRATIONAL SCRIPTURES : COME POST YOURS!!!!!!!!!
2/26/2007 10:22:09 AM
 Hello NICK,
Could you post that in my poetry forum too please, its in my Friends I invited forum... Thanks!
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2007 11:14:45 AM
Hi Carla,

These are inspiring to me...

I am blessed and highly favored .
~Luke 1:28

I associate with those who are blessed and highly favored so that I may increase in every area of my life. ~Genesis 30:27

I operate in integrity; as a result, I obtain favor from God.
~Proverbs 11:27

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2007 5:24:08 PM
 Dear Amanda,
Hopefully that gift will come through you again, that was beautiful!! The picture didnt come through though.
God bless you!

+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2007 5:30:45 PM
 HELLO JOE,
Good to see you here! Hope we can talk someday in the Conference when you join us.... just name the day and time. Paula, myself and Natalya are pretty versatile. Natalya is studying for her nursing boards though so she stays busy.

Here's a copy of a message I got from another Group in yahoo, Whole Armour of God ..
THANKS! G0D BLESS!

Ephesians 6:10-20

The Whole Armor of God

10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.

11 Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.

12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

6:12 These who are not "flesh and blood" are demons over whom Satan has control.  They are not mere fantasies—they are very real.  We face a powerful army whose goal is to defeat Christ church.  When we believe in Christ, these beings become our enemies, and they try every device to turn us away from him and back to sin.  Although we assured of victory, we must engage in the struggle until Christ returns, because Satan is constantly battling against all who are on the Lord's side.  We need supernatural power to defeat Satan, and God has provided this by giving us his Holy Spirit within us and his armor surrounding us.  If you feel discouraged, remember Jesus' words to Peter: "Upon this Rock I will build my church and all the powers of hell will not conquer it" (Matthew 16:18).

13 Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.

14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness.

15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.

16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.

17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

6:10-17 In the Christian life we battle against rulers and authorities (the powerful evil forces of fallen angels headed by Satan who is a vicious fighter, see I Peter 5:8).  To withstand their attacks, we must depend on God's strength and use every piece of his armor.  Paul is not the only one giving this counsel to the church.  The whole body needs to be armed.  As you do battle against the "mighty powers of darkness," fight in the strength of the church, whose power comes from the Holy Spirit.

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

6:18 How can anyone pray at all times? One way is to make quick, brief prayers your habitual response to every situation you meet throughout the day.  Another way is to order your life around God's desires and teachings so that your very life becomes a prayer.  You don't have to isolate yourself from other people and from daily work in order to pray constantly.  You can make prayer your life and your life a prayer while living in a world that needs God's powerful influence.  We also should pray for all believers in Christ, so pray for the Christians you know and for the church around the world.

19 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God's mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike.

20 I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God's ambassador. So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for Him, as I should.

6:19-20 Undiscouraged and defeated, Paul wrote powerful letters of encouragement from prison.  Paul did not ask the Ephesians to pray that his chains would be removed but that he would continue to speak fearlessly for Christ in spite of them God can use us in any circumstance, to do his will.  Even as we pray for a change in our circumstances, we should also pray that God will accomplish his plan through us right where we are.  Knowing God's eternal purpose for us will help us through the difficult times.

Text and study notes taken from the Life Application Bible, New Living Translation

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/28/2007 11:48:34 AM
Hello Carla

I agree, I would love to have the gift of poetry
back again, I thoroughly enjoyed writing while it
lasted and for the season, always kept a pen and
paper beside the bed because I would often have
rhyming sentence to write down and build upon.

Here is the photo that did not come out:

One of my favourite verses to share.

Acts 4: 12      NIV says: (my favourite)

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no
other name under heaven given to men by which
we must be saved

The Living Bible..

There is salvation in no one else! Under all heaven
there is no other name for men to call upon to save them

New King James..

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no
other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

Amanda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!