Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: How to get REAL traffic
3/27/2007 4:24:19 AM
Hi Jim, You said, "Unfortunately very few want to do the work of participating in a constructive way." That is absolutely true. Most people want to get rich with no work or effort of any kind. Listening and learning take effort, and so does putting what you've heard and learned into practice. That's why so many people died young during the gold rush years. They struck out to make their fortunes with the tools to dig gold, but no idea what to do with them, no idea of the living conditions they were going to face, and very few of the supplies necessary to sustain life. Today, people do the same thing online. They join every program that promises to make them rich while doing nothing, and when that doesn't work, buy every ebook and member service that promises to make them rich with no work, and finally "die" a virtual world death when their credit cards are maxed out and there's no money left in their bank accounts. Don't give up when the majority don't listen to you. Instead, concentrate on the few who will. They are the ones who are going to go somewhere. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/27/2007 4:30:52 AM
Hi Sarah, Ca va? Thank you for visiting. It's good to know that you are thinking! Very few people do. Our modern system has a way of teaching people what to believe, rather than how to think rationally. I highly recommend Everything For Success, a business and community site created by a fellow Adlandpro member, Clay Page. (I'm been a gold member for over a year.) The site is absolutely filled with very useful information, tips and thought-provoking articles that can help anyone who is truly interested to learn to focus and develop successful business practices. It also has a vibrant and active community forum, and some very knowledgeable members who are quite generous with their help and instruction. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/27/2007 4:36:45 AM
Hi Jill, I believe you are a winner all the way! God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/27/2007 4:53:06 AM
Hi Sharudin, Word of mouth is the very best kind of advertising you can get for anything. When one person personally recommends you to another, you are well on your way to another sale. Properly designed business cards and brochures can bring you a some traffic if they are properly distributed. You can give your business card to every person you meet; it's polite to do that. However, it should not be given as an advertisement, but rather as a way to remember you and keep in contact with you if the other person wants to. Leave it up to him to decide later if your product or service is of interest to him. Note that giving out lots of business cards IS a way to generate traffic, but it really isn't a very good way to do it. You don't know most of the people you give your card to, and only a small fraction of them will actually ever look at your business card once you are out of their sight. Well designed, eye-catching brochures can be an excellent way to generate some quality traffic and make some sales. Rather than handing them out or putting them on people's windshields (a terrible no-no in my opinion), look for bulletin boards around the community and in every community you visit. Most communities have bulletin boards throughout the city where you can pin up a few of your bulletins. People walking by tend to stop and look at bulletin boards, and if yours catches their eyes, you could have some very nice, targeted traffic. Make it as simple as possible for people to take your brochures off a bulletin board. You might even pin up several at a time, and print at the bottom (Take One - They're Free) That not only encourages the reader to take your information home to where they may follow up on it, but it has the added appeal of being something free - even though all that's free is your brochure! Remember that a big part of sales is psychological. Newsletters are quite pointless unless you have a good list of loyal subscribers who want to hear from you. That takes time and dedication to develop and is a good subject for a new thread. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/27/2007 5:04:21 AM
Hi Lorraine, Wow! You are sitting on a GOLD MINE!! Your Anything Left-handed program is just that. Your link in your sig file jumped out at me, even though I am not personally left-handed! You should be creating posts about what it's like to be left-handed, historical information on left-handed people, taboos, religious ideas, etc., etc. There's a TON of articles sitting there, just waiting to be written on this one subject. When you write articles, save them. You can share them around the internet as articles, AND use them as thread-starter on communities everywhere. Do edit them to fit the community you are posting in. Make sure your sig file is attached every time, and you'll have some great and very targeted traffic coming in before you know it. If you are trying to pick just one other community other than just Adlandpro to be active in, I recommend you start with Everything For Success (EFS) even though I'd LOVE to have everyone join my own communities! EFS offers a lot of what most people really need in a great online business and friendship community. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!