Menu

Bogdan Fiedur

4629 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It matters not what a person is born...
2/7/2007 9:48:20 AM

Hi Neil,

What is YOUR problem?

I thought you had the problem as you were disputing the quote.

It is a SCIENTIFIC AND PROVEN FACT
IDENTICAL TWINS RAISED APART STILL DO THE MANY OF THE SAME THINGS!

What does this has to do with the Free Will? It only means that their predispositions are similar and they allow themselves to be controlled by their biology. They are just not using their free will.

It is the same as you each time call your opponent in the discussion, uneducated, clueless or having brain problems if they disagree with you. This is something automatic which you have picked up probably through your environment. When I say automatic, I mean not using reasoning process. Free will can't be result of automatic responses, it is result of brain being involved on deeper level either initiated by thinking or by meditation.

Some people INSIST the world is FLAT and they are wrong as they disagee with FACT
YOU do the same thing when you say EVERYONE has TOTAL Free Will because THEY DO NOT!

You are using wrong facts to support your dispute.

Earth can be still flat for someone looking from millions kilometers distance. Or even considered flat for the purpose of certain arguments and still be correct.

Do you know that lows of physics discovered by Newton and Einstein can't be applied to various concept, but they were thought to be final solutions at the time of their discoveries?

Facts in hands of unqualified/deceptive/egocentric people were used to launch wars and exterminate entire generations of people.
I don't think we need to go very far in history to see that.

For anybody who has the facts, there is someone who has something exactly the opposite or receiving different result by just removing or adding certain seemingly insignificant control variables.
When you are using your facts, you need to understand circumstances in which they were established and what was the purpose of finding them. Quoting scientific revelations without proper understanding is equivalent to a person using a space ship to get on the other side of the road when they can just walk there.

I don't think Free Will is a set in stone concept and means different things to different people.

Free will is a philosophical concept and I would like to challenge you to show me a single science textbook dealing with Free Will in scientific manner.

Bogdan Fiedur
Hello
New Reply
+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It matters not what a person is born...
2/7/2007 10:59:16 AM

I agree, That you choose who to be. But Free to be what we choose is questionable. That is reserved for the politicians and authority figures in my opinion. Nice topic Bogdan.

Peace, Sharon

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!