Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Re: Think Outside The Box
2/3/2007 5:12:02 PM

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your invitation to this forum.  I did visit your other forum relating to holidays in other countries.

Can you tell me more about how that relates to "thinking outside the box?"

I have been thinking outside the box (where most people live) since I left my paralegal career almost 10 years ago to create income from home.

I will look forward to hearing more about your concept.

Many blessings.

Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/3/2007 5:33:48 PM

HI MARY; I LIKE THE FORUM. IF YOU COULD GET PEOPLE TO SHARE THERE HOLIDAYS THAT ARE NOT COMMEM.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/3/2007 5:41:21 PM
Linda, The original post tells of the obvious use for the forum i.e. build relationship and understanding of other cultures. Second to treat our international friends with the same respect we Americans feel when everyone here celebrates their holiday. What meaning does Presidents Day have for Zronimir. He relayed a holiday important to him which has been celebrated for more than 1030 years. We celebrated with him. Now what for other purposes do we have the forum, that is what I mean by "thinking out of the box". I think the posts explain some purposes which you will see when you go back and read.
+0
Andrew Birse

188 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/3/2007 10:02:45 PM
Hi Mary,

Your holidays forum is a great innovation here at Adland.

In terms of how else to use it, what about all the holidays that are celebrated around the world, but celebrated differently in different places?

Christmas, Easter, Eid, Ramadan, etc are celebrated in most countries, but my guess is that everyone does it differently.  Christmas in Buddhist Japan is celebrated in a similar way to Valentines Day, where you give a gift to your beloved.  It's known as Kurismasu.

Also, I read Arthur Webster's account of a Spanish Christmas somewhere (on his site or a forum - I can't remember) which was a good read.

Your forum will eventually evolve to be a collaboratively written encyclopedia of holidays around the world.  Maybe you could use it to form the basis of a website all on it's own.

Regards, Andrew Birse Do you want to retire in 4 years or 40? http://www.moremoney4me.biz
+0
LaChelle Farmer

70 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/3/2007 10:47:03 PM

Hey there Larry and Mary;

I don't think outside of the box I am not sure I know what that means really? but I do think inside of the box i think? I can say this if i can think it it can be done if it is possable. has anyone thought of blogging on yahoo it's free and you can link to others 360 site i am just learning but I know you could prob. do the thinking faster than i can sense you are both teachers. instead of sending them your business invite them to link to your blogs this keeps the spamming and mailer deamon down to 0 so far it is great.I am really going to make this work and so can you Thanks for the invite. P.s. keep trying Mary I think this is a good idea as long as you keep focus. I would like to invite everyone to link to me here:

http://www.geocities.com/farmerlachelle/blog.html it needs updating but it will do for now. LaChelle

+0