Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: 50 years and nothing has changed...
1/28/2007 6:52:03 AM
David, I also want to say that the view of blacks having less value has been perpetuated by several influences. Statistics reveal that the majority of black children are raised by a mother and grandmother. Roll models for black children are lacking. Few know what it is to have a mother and father roll model. They do not see parents working together to solve family issues. What would that do to your self-esteem to be the line at school with free lunches because mom and grandma can't afford lunch and nice clothes for the children. Second, the first generation of American blacks were forced to come to the new world meaning that they did not have incentives to succeed thus they did not teach the next generation. Ask any immigrant what they want for their children and they will say that they want the next generation to have opportunities they never had in their homeland. It can be reversed as we see in the lives of black people whos parents instilled in them that they were of value. I work with such a lady who keeps telling me "My mother always said......" She speaks with proper English (not giving in to slang) dresses with pride and carries herself with dignity. I do not even think of her as being black, but a lady of great dignity who knows who she is. The third point is related to the first paragraph about fathers in the homes. It is time that the young men step up and take responsibility for creating a new person. Even women without husbands in this generation can teach their young sons that they are to respect women, which means taking responsibility for the family they will create. Get them jobs at a young age and show them how to pay bills rather than buying the fanciest shoes, coats, cars etc. Give them household jobs, taking them grocery shopping, start a savings account etc. Welfare was taught and now the next generation can break the cyle by teaching values.....starting with their own value. Well that's my sermon for today, Pastor Dave.
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/28/2007 9:23:25 AM
Dave,

I didnt have to view the video-again-I lived this madness when I was insisting on having dolls of several cultures in my daughters room, the barbie always got chosen.

As you can see from your other forum-all some people have to do is show up to become a target for other people to start screaming their venom.

Regardless, we walk in the valley of the shadow of death - so no surprises; I have no evil to fear because I walk protected by my God.
Peace my friend.
+0
1/28/2007 9:41:29 AM
Thanks Dave.  I appreciate you're repost on this subject, as I too didn't realize the self-esteem had effected our children at such an early age.   It is an eye-opener, and I hope it will give parents a better view on how we should raise our kids of all races.
Don't delete my cookies, They're YUMMY!!
+0
1/28/2007 12:59:18 PM

Howdy Dave, (&Neil)

Neil posted: "Anyone who says nothing has changed in fifty years was either not alive and old enough to know what was going 50 years or they are a liar!"

I said Amen to it at first (for some of you, that means I agreed)

Exception I don't believe  the posters are "liars"! Maybe brain washed tho.

I have seen a lot of changes and I'm not even in my 50's ;-)>

As I thought about it, that was because the headline is misleading. Perhaps the percieved value has not changed, and there has got to be reasons for that.

If the headline read  "Re: 50 years and not much has changed..."

It would not be bringing out posts like mine and Neil's.

Joseph in FL

Joseph Handlon - 941-764-0004 HIR "WARNING: Exposure to the SON may prevent burning" Spiritual:http://tinyurl.com/cqd65 Business:http://www.1stopcarpetcleaning.com
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/28/2007 1:55:28 PM
1. Joseph is correct in had the title been something like he suggested or "Some things have not changed in 50 years" I never would have said what I did. Joseph is incorrect as I did NOT say any was a liar for sure as the word OR was in my statement. 2. Too bad Joyce is either so brain washed or just plain illogical she thinks making a ACCURATE and TRUE statement is "Venom" And I will say it again: ANYONE alive and old enough to know what was going 50 years ago KNOWS a LOT has changed as far as the treatment of blacks in the opportunities presented to them OR they are a liar! (OR just to stupid to have a clue) That is NOT venom, IT IS FACT!
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!