Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
A BIBLE STUDY FORUM NO:1-2007
1/21/2007 7:36:25 AM

Dear friends,

I wanted my first forum for 2007 to be special, and have been racking my brains trying to find the right subject. But today while surfing thru my favourite site  www.ggwo.org I come across this post which spoke to me so much...I knew at once this was the right forum subject and the right time too !!!

HELPING BITTER PEOPLE GET BETTER

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Book of Ruth comes at a significant place in our Bibles. It lands squarely after Judges, which closes with this illustrative verse: “In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes” (Judges 21:25). Peril-filled times were upon the nation of Israel. The people were following every which way but the way of God. Here, however, we get a beautiful story of love and loyalty. The Lord provides a brief story of how He never removes Himself from the picture of His people’s lives

Even centuries later the world  does seem  to  be in chaos doesnt it ??
if we study the scriptures carefully we can learn the lesson it means to teach us.

Naomi had become a bitter woman by this point. She wasn’t even convinced that the God of her people was the God anymore. At first, both daughters-in-law purposed to go to Israel with Naomi. They wept with Naomi, who said, “It grieves me much for your sakes that the hand of the Lord is gone out against me” (Ruth 1:13). That was enough for Orpah to hear. She went back to “her people, and her gods” (verse 15).

How familiar is this situation with many of us here today ???

All of us have encountered bitter believers, and Ruth was in a particular state. Naomi had surely taught Ruth all that she knew of the Almighty God of Israel. To the daughter of Moab’s credit, she hung on to the Word. She had taken heed to what she had heard. Her mind was unchangeable in this regard. Naomi’s God was the God and was now her God.

Ruth kept moving in the pattern she was taught, even though bitter Naomi has cast that pattern aside. Out Ruth went to the field of Boaz and she began to glean. For herself and for Naomi, the young lady sought fruit.

Her character and commitment shone brightly. Boaz takes note immediately upon the sight of her: “Whose damsel is this?” (Ruth 2:5). He had heard the reports of this Moabitess. News of her apparently spread through the little town of Bethlehem. Perhaps, she was quiet; it’s sad to say, but that’s a trait that usually stands out itself. She wasn’t babbling about Naomi’s bitter attitude and it marveled Bethlehem that a foreigner could possess such conviction. Knowing the news and seeing her labor stirred this man of dignity, property, and influence to pray a blessing upon this “stranger” – “The Lord recompense thy work, and full reward be given thee of the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust” (Ruth 2:12).

From the above passage what touched me the most was that Ruth kept to her belief and what she had been taught so rightly by Naomi...'her character shown brightly' Ruth 2:5  our character shows who we really are, and what we believe, and we cannot hide it howver much we try! Ruths good character and conduct got her the attention of Boaz..'stirred this man of dignity, property, and influence'........So do we wonder why we attract the wrong type of friends ???? Look within....you will find the answer !!!

Ruth shows us this way. She never forsakes the truth. She heard the Word, took it to heart, and practiced it faithfully even after the one who had taught her first got off track. We have a happy ending hear. Naomi did get better. Think of the joy she felt holding little Obed, whose name meant “servant.” Through faithfulness to God, we can teach bitter people how to serve again

Its never too late to change, to know, to learn, and to BE !! only to  enjoy the blessings that come with being obedient.

Pray this little study would make a difference to your day !!!!

God Bless you all

Pauline R

source of study taken from  POINTS OF INTEREST

http://www.ggwo.org/index.php?module=main&action=poiarticle&id=21

+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A BIBLE STUDY FORUM 2007
1/21/2007 10:51:23 AM

Thank you ffor sharing this Pauline.

It is hard these days not to become bitter with all the adversity

of both experience and spread by the news services. I keep an

open mind, but never loose connection with the Devine. It is this

real connection with physical evidence that the world is hungering for.

Yet they fail to search properly to get to the place where they can

experience the acuality. It is humanity that has the illusion that

they are somehow separate from the cosmic composition of the

universe.

Robert

Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2007 12:46:49 PM
Hello Pauline,

Bitter and Proud is my response to your new topic. Three years ago I read a poem and I found it on net. unbelievable but true.

You know me better than others and sure much better than many who announse they know me good to make critics against me.

Many times if you are week you must bow your head and try to stay on your feet. I am to prouds to do that. LEtting my fantasy free I remember the proud people of Iraq, of Serbia, of Somalia, Vietnam, now they are bitter but proud they last the war but they did not bow their head. Life goes on better times will come.

Sins and failures.
People are holding a double sac, that one we used on donkeys 30-40 years ago. People bear this double sac only by bearing it on their shoulder. One sac in front and the other back.

And waht do the see? All the sins of their enemies in the sac  they have in front of them while their sins are in the other sac at their back. They see only the sins others did. That is waht the see and understand and that is what they critisize.

And truelly I tell you they have no problem to trow the first stone.

Bitter And Proud

I am bitter and proud
And I値l say it out loud
I got a chip on my shoulder
That痴 turning into a boulder
There痴 an emptiness in my soul
That is like a pocket with a hole
I feel robbed of my fate
And my time is running late
I am bitter and proud and full of resent
My enemies call me a malcontent
But if the Supreme Court were different
Then, today I would be the President

Al Gore

This man could have ruled the world.

Kind Regards
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2007 1:03:35 PM
Thank you Robert for coming by and being the first one to post. Yes indeed it is hard in the present times to stay focused and on track...all the more we need the Grace of God to go thru each day. Bless you my friend Pauline R
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2007 1:13:38 PM
Hello Pauline,

Thank you for the invitation to your forum.  The story of Ruth I have read
and sat with others to study and discuss, as you would know and understand
discussion, you are there in person and can hear comments, answers, questions
etc immediately.

I Have not been to a bibile discussion online for a long time.  I very much
enjoyed and could ponder and appreciate Ruth and Naomi with the extra
points of interest and explanation you provided.

I look forward to further studies.

Kind regards
Amanda Martin-Shaver

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!