Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Is It In The RIGHT PLACE?
1/13/2007 4:32:55 PM
Great advice Ken. I still have yet to take on bloging, but I am not ready as I just started 2 new sites & need to get organized & make friends first.
Have A Great weekend.
Kathy C
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2007 4:58:49 PM
Hello Kenneth,

You have raised a very important and fundamental point about effective internet use here..

Placing your information in the right Category on any type of site on the Webmay be critical to its succeess.  .  On many occasions that is the only way it will be found.  Just taking a few extra minutes to make sure our product, service or whatever we want to reach people is in the right place, can make the difference between being recognised or ignored.

On the other side of the coin - There are some places where there is flexibility on categories and the possibility of adding new ones, to ensure that everything is where it should be,  BUT there are many many more sites where the Categories are  not flexible and do not relect the range of products or services offered by their customers.  The first is reasonable - not all site owners can change the structure easily.  But the second is a great source of frustration - when you are in the right place, but cant find a category to fit what you have to offer on the site.. 

I am afraid that  you have touched on my "hobby horse" on this one.  I believe that good Category organization on any site will increase its effectiveness for site owners, customers and users.

Thanks for raising this important topic.
Saludos
Jenny
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2007 4:59:10 PM
Ken, Not only we put correct items where they belong, we need to consider putting the correct attitude. If we go to the funeral home to sympathize with a family, we do not go with party hats and horn blowers. We go with an attitude of "I sympathazie with you at your loss". Likewise when we post, we need to do so with an understanding of what the forum is about. If someone is telling of a sad situation (just like the funeral home) we do not go in the forum with sparklies of a party nature. Perhaps attitude could be exchanged with the word appropriate. Be considerate of the forum owner and what they are conveying: celebration, information, questions, discussion, business deals, promoting another thread, building a team. Networking is working together and your attitude is showing when you disregard the mood or theme of the forum?thread. Do people know that persons who are not members of Adlandpro read our posts? If your post is not appropriate, what are you conveying to the reader who has never met you? Do you think they will even take the time look at your ad and what you are promting? Your attitude may deter others from wanting to join us here in our community. Think before you post. It is not how many times you post, but what you post that tells who you are.
+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/13/2007 10:35:56 PM
Hi Kenneth!  :-)

You know.......I caught myself this morning putting something in the wrong place when I was setting up some of my advertising.  If I had gone through with what I was going to do.....and not have caught myself.....I would've wasted all that time I had put into the task.  People would've had no clear idea of the ad.

Reminder for everyone when advertising:  Think about what your doing before you do it.  Think about it as if you were the "prospect". 

How would you respond if you saw or read the ad? 

What would you REALLY think?

Thoughts 2 ponder.....

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Jeffrey Obrien

543 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/13/2007 10:56:44 PM

Kenneth,

Good advice mate,if you owned blogspot as well as bizzyblogz BBC and others what advice would you give each of us because I own six blogs one being blogspot it's worth about

My blog is worth $5,080.86.
How much is your blog worth?

http://jeffreyobrien.blogspot.com/

Also my bizzyblogz and other BBC websites are linked together and I cannot advice it's value on post.Thankyou for sharing your advice but for me with many blogs I am confused as to which one to promote so I am promoting them all especially when they each are making me money BTW you too

respectfully

jeffrey OBrien

http://www.himarkcomputers.com/

http://bizpreneur.com/signup.php?refer=jeffreyobrien

http://jeffreyobrien.blogspot.com/

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!