Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
The English Language....
6/22/2005 11:41:05 PM
The English Language. Have you ever wondered why foreigners have trouble with the English Language?. Let's face it. English is a crazy language. There is no egg in the eggplant No ham in the hamburger. And neither pine nor apple in the pineapple. English muffins were not invented in England. French fries were not invented in France. We sometimes take English for granted But if we examine its paradoxes we find that Quicksand takes you down slowly, Boxing rings are square. And a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. If writers write, how come fingers don't fing. If the plural of tooth is teeth. Shouldn't the plural of phone booth be phone beeth, If the teacher taught, Why didn't the preacher praught. If a vegetarian eats vegetables. What the does a humanitarian eat? Why do people recite at a play, Yet play at a recital? Park on driveways and Drive on parkways. You have to marvel at the unique lunacy. Of a language where a house can burn up as it burns down. And in which you fill in a form by filling it out. And a bell is only heard once it goes! English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race (Which of course isn't a race at all) That is why when the stars are out they are visible, but when the lights are out they are invisible, and why it is that when I wind up my watch it starts, but when I wind up this observation, it ends.
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Re: The English Language....
6/22/2005 11:55:02 PM
Dear Bogdan, It is said that the truth can hurt, but in this case, it is hilarious. I have studied writng for about 33 of my 45 years, and have never read a solid truth portrayed with such humor. I needed this laugh tonight. Linda
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/23/2005 12:06:29 AM
Hello Bogdan,Nice seeing you,well thanks for the invite,great post ,but I think you summed it up on this one,we do live in a crazy world where everything is suppose to make since even if it does not make since to some.thanks,always a great topic,kathy martin
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
6/23/2005 12:24:29 AM
Hello Mr. Bogdan, Thank you for the invitation. It is a crazy world. That is all I can say.
Thank you for visiting: Register your domain name today at: http://www.AtlasWebDomains.com
+0
6/23/2005 1:05:24 AM
Hi Bogdan! I can only say that English Language is fantastically crazy without which I may not even know or communicate with you. I dont know about others, as for me I live, work, eat and sleep with it - it is the most important language in my life that I know and admire. In reality, it is the hardest language to master. Stay cool my friend! Always, Sunny http://www.skyquestcom.com/smartelearning
Your Friend and Networking Partner Sunny Lim
+0