Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Troubleshooting-Situations in Adlandpro
12/29/2006 9:56:11 AM
Hi Mary, I' too, have been reading all the posts here and I also agree with some and disagree with others. Bill wrote: 'What I am complaining about is everyone and their dog going to peoples profiles and clicking on the "send me a message" link there and sending ads.' I got a personal message just today that was simply an ad. The person is new to Adland, so I sent him a polite informational message. I told him that it would be more appropriate for him to start his own forum and gave him directions on how to do so. I also referred him to your forum thread "Learning About Adland 1' and encouraged him to message me if he needed further help. So now I'm waiting to see what happens with that. I'm hoping that by giving people a little direction from the get-go will decrease the amount of annoyances.
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/29/2006 11:03:38 AM

Hi Mary,

In response to Lorraine

yes I agree Lorraine this is something I usually do with the new ones.

However in one day I had several ads using this method 5 of them from members that have been in adland for more that several months and should by now know better.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2006 2:39:36 PM
Lorraine, Thank you for your solution ideas. On a bad day, we may not feel so kind and just delete. Could we all agree to take a moment and sent a courteous response. Telling them it is inappropriate is good but Loraine is offering them a way to learn and imporve their Adlandpro conduct. This will encourage them to stay and try again because someone has taken the time to reach out and show them the correct way to use our advertising ventures. They also could go to my forum on "Advertising on Adlandpro" where they are shown all the ways to advertise that are appropriate. Bill has told me too that he has referred people to my "Forum Etiquette" forum when they blast ads on a forum of discussion or informational material. Thanks again Lorraine for helping us find solutions.
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2006 4:00:02 PM

Hi Mary,

I promised my self I would not comment on this forum, however temptation got the best of me. I have been following from the start. I read every post and reply.

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry. Some here seem to have issues with how things are done and some of them are genuinely legitimate complaints. Others it seems have pet peeves or maybe even an ax to grind with someone.

I have not been in Adlandpro that long, only a few months. I believe you have to take into consideration many people post just a thanks or a what ever because they get so many invites they are overwhelmed with all the invites they get and do not want to make the forum owner upset by not posting or ignoring them , so they are short sweet and to the point. Many of the so called discussions I have seen in forums appear to me as nothing more than grip sessions.

I personally love this community. I have made some real friends as well. I have not had any personal issues with anyone , but once and the individual later came to me an apologized. I find that rare is such a hugh mix of different people with different backgrounds and beliefs. In such a vast group of people you will regularly find those kinds of people who believe they  can ice skate up hill.. Its like the competitive, modern  world around us.. No one is perfect, everyone is different, some are respectful, some aren't.This is a fact of life.

If there was one thing I would change about Adlandpro it would be that when a person joins they would  receive a forum etiquette letter. I belong to other communities and they do this when you join it obviously saves time and energy for everyone.

In closing I would like to add , I do love this community and it would take alot more than someone posting something in my forum I could delete if I did not like or sending me an add I could delete and politely tell them I am not interested for me to leave. But than again I am all for Freedom of speech as long as it is done with respect.

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/29/2006 4:57:33 PM
I am not at all certain why you vowed not to post. If you are someone who likes to assist and troubleshoot, then you were wise to make your opinions known. Ax to rind, was not the intent of this forum. We are looking for solutions to what some see as problems that we can avoid. Your solution for improper forum responses is valid and has been mentioned. Here is a sample, tell me what you think. It is imbedded in "Learning About Adlandpro I", which all my new friends are invited to. It is on page 9 and was gathered from the opinions of members here. Forum Manners: 1) The forum author is the forum owner. If you do not post to the subject they may choose to delete your post. If they do not approve of your post they have the option of removing your post. A kind thing to do, as, forum owner, is to explain why the post was removed when the information is filled out in the post removal inquiry. 2) The forum message contains information, discussion, questions, stories, etc. The signature line appears under the line with ads the poster wishes to display. Go to http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/373570/2/ShowThread.aspx Observe that ads are only under the line on the first two pages. 3) To post your ads in the message body look for forums which are asking specifically for such information. There are forums designed for that purpose. Here is an example http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/372043.aspx http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/367150.aspx You can also post in "offers" page here at Adlandpro 4) As a poster, you are like a house guest. If the forum owner requests certain behavior, it would be wise to comply. 5)If you post to a forum, you are a member of the forum. It would be nice to contribute something that speaks to the subject as this is your chance to add value to the forum. To post without reading the content for the sole purpose of posting your ads is a waste of your time. To request further posts be known to you shows you have genuine interest in the forum. So, click on the "notify me when someone answers the post" button. 6)There are 2 extems types of forum posters. Those who want to do huge quantities of posts or those who do few but thought provoking and informative. The first is interested in a high volume of advertising while the later is promoting community values, business ideas, seeking information etc. Choose your style as this will influence the kinds of friends you will attract. 7) The new poster and frequent poster deserve the same response as the high volume poster. They may not post often but their opinion can be valuable. The new poster needs to hear encouragement. This will build their confidence. After all you were new once too. 8) Once you have expressed an idea, it is not necessary to repeat in a further post. 9) The forum owner who answers each post will find that they build relationships. Answering questions posted shows you care enough to check back on your forum. 10) Be positive Be polite be accurate check facts don't dictate agree to let people disagree enjoy the versatility of the posts make forums fun and interesting put forums in the proper category Remember that all Adland pro members are not English, first language persons. Admire the fact that they give it their best. Be aware that there are many culturers and traditions represented in our members. To wish someone a happy birthday may be offensive. To send someone in Norway a greeting for Memorail Day has no meaning. However, to send someone in America a greeting for a happy (your country) freedom day may not apply. Not all are Christians, Muslums, Hindus, etc. Holidays like Valentines Day, Mother's Day etc. are not universal holidays. Tolerance and understanding are needed when building friendships with people of different culturers. 11) A new adlandpro member will find little response to a forum if you have 100 or less members. Don't be disheartened. Just keep making good posts and it will increase your friends list. Contributors to this page were: Roger Madivitt, Jadranka Rodic, Leon Horton, and Jennifer S J. You can read their suggestions in its entirety at http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/368002.aspx ----------------------------------------------------------- Mary Hofstetter--"Retired teachers still have class" build your mailing list http://www.trafficroundup.com/newuser.php?ref=mahofst Get a herd of traffic
+0