Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: MIKE BUMBALOUGH's DAILY INSPIRATIONS and BLESSINGS.
9/16/2007 6:26:43 PM

Mike and Debbie,,,,, Have I told you lately how much you two mean to me????

I am telling you now and forever my Dear friends...I Love you and you mean the world to me.

I Love you two as one and cant wait to see you in Tenn...;-)

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/18/2007 9:07:22 AM

The place was on Lake Michigan just off the shore of Winnetka, Illinois. There was a terrible storm in which a steamboat was slammed by another boat. The sunken steamboat lost 279 of 393 passengers to the raging waters of that Great Lake.

Edward Spencer was a bystander on shore. The tragedy was vividly in his sight. His Good Samaritan nature moved him to risk his life to save anyone he could. One by one, Mr. Spencer pulled victims to the safety of the shore. Seventeen were brought to safety before the young, strong man collapse from the strain and fatigue of his efforts. He later learned that the nerves in his legs were so severely damaged that walking would never again be possible. For the rest of his life his mobility would depend upon a wheel chair.

At age eighty, long after this tragic and life changing event, he was asked what stood out most about that day and the days following. "Not one person came back to thank me, not then, not ever!"

Unspeakable, atrocious are thoughts that might come our minds. How could anyone be unthankful after another had risked their life to save mine? But wait; ask yourself how many times have you and I taken the time to thank God for all He has done for us? The story of ten lepers is revealed in Luke 17:11-19. Only one out the ten lepers that were healed came back to thank the Lord? The Lord said, “Were not the ten cleansed? but where are the nine? Were there none found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger?”

Thankfulness is frequently addressed in the New Testament. We aren't to do good deeds simply to be noticed or even thanked. We are required though to be thankful. The apostle Paul admonishes God's people to be thankful, "In everything give thanks" (1 Thessalonians 5:1Cool.

When we can do little else, we can pray and be thankful.

Thank you for being the great people you are.

Mike

You can view Mike's Daily Blessings at http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

Please invite Mike to your friends list here:

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/papaof7/ 

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: BLESSINGS FROM MIKE BUMBALOUGH~A DEAR FRIEND.
9/19/2007 2:16:23 PM

DON’T LET WORRY KILL YOU

The following are reported to be actual announcements taken from various church bulletins. They have been around for a while, but they're still enjoyable:

* Thursday night -- potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.

* For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

* This afternoon there will be a meeting in the south and north ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.

* Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First xxx Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.

* Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.

* Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles, and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.

* A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.

* The third verse of Blessed Assurance will be sung without musical accomplishment.

* During the absence of our preacher, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when A. B. Doe supplied our pulpit.

* Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 to 8:30 p.m. Please use the back door.

* Preacher is on vacation. Massages can be given to church secretary.

* The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.

* Church Rummage Sale: A good opportunity to get rid of anything not worth keeping but too good to throw away. Bring your husband.

* The outreach committee has enlisted 25 members to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.

* Don't let worry kill you. Let the church help.

If you’ve ever written for, or edited a Church bulletin then you know mistakes can happen. We can choose to worry ourselves into illness or laugh at ourselves and move on. This is true with publications of all types. I see many item descriptions of items for sale with glaring errors. I’ll venture to say many of the items sold anyway.

God tells us in His word that worry will not improve our lot one bit.

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" (Matthew 6:25-26,28-30)

A gentle reminder from our heavenly Father that He is watching out for us will go a long way in buffering our concern about all that seems to be going wrong in our lives. May this message help someone be reminded this very day of that fact.

Don't Worry, be happy and share it.

Mike

Inspirations from Mike Bumbalough. Mike is a dear friend and a Adlandpro member. Please invite Mike to your friends list here:

Love is patient, love is kind {and} is not jealous; love does not brag {and} is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong {suffered,} does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. {1 Corinthians 13:4-7, NASB}

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2007 12:05:50 PM

As Do I {via David Sargent, revised}

Several hundred dollars were mishandled by a young man from his business firm's money. When this action was discovered, the young man was told to report to the office of the senior partner of the firm. As he walked up the stairs toward the administrative office the young employee was heavyhearted. He knew without a doubt he would lose his position with the firm. He also feared the possibility of legal action taken against him. Seemingly his whole world had collapsed.

Upon his arrival in the office of the senior executive, the young man was questioned about the whole affair. He was asked if the allegations were true, and he answered in the affirmative. Then the executive surprisingly asked this question: “If I keep you in your present capacity, can I trust you in the future?”

The young worker brightened up and said, “Yes, sir, you surely can. I've learned my lesson.”

The executive responded, “I'm not going to press charges, and you can continue in your present responsibility.”

The employer concluded the conversation with his younger employee by saying,
“I think you ought to know, however, that you are the second man in this firm who succumbed to temptation and was shown leniency. I was the first! What you have done, I did. The mercy you are receiving, I received. It is only the grace of God that can keep us both.” * You need forgiveness, as do I... “As it is written, ‘There is none righteous, no, not one. For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:10, 23).

“It is only the grace of God that can keep us all.”

Have a great day!

Mike

Please invite Mike to your friends list here:

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2007 10:57:15 AM

The Prayer

This Irish prayer is attributed to Saint Patrick and often referred to as the "breastplate" of St. Patrick--words that shield.

I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;

Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Swiftness of wind,

Depth of the sea,
Stability of earth,
Firmness of rock.

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,