Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Boofheads and Scammers
12/8/2006 4:30:27 AM
Hi everybody? Well, thanks much to Gary S, I learned a new word today that I really like. Boofhead. It has a nice ring to it. I don't know if Gary invented it or simply has become wonderfully proficient in its use, but I can tell you, it is the perfect word to describe those who continue to keep the pockets of scammers fairly bulging with loot. I believe the word has its roots in the word, buffoon, used to describe someone who is a ludicrous or bumbling person; a bumbling fool; a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior. To this, we take the root of processed thought, the head, and for all those who either fall for the scammers or worse, wildly promote scams without doing any kind of due diligence after being told again and again and again and again on forum after forum ad nauseum, we put the two together and come up with boofhead. It's succinct, rolls off the tongue nicely, is descriptive, and is well deserved by all those whose credit cards are maxed out from pouring money they don't have into scam after scam trying to pay off the losses from the last get-rich-quick-with-no-work,-ethics-or-learning scheme. Boofheads. Ya tell 'em and ya tell 'em, and they tell you back that you're wrong. Lots of them get mad and call you all kinds of impolite names - often in public forums, too. Some of them even like to threaten you with legal action, in the mistaken idea that lawsuits are the best way to deny and suppress the truth. Boofheads. Wanna make some quick money with no effort or work? Throw your ethics out the window, line up a bunch of boofheads, and tell them you can show them the secret to wealth beyond their wildest dreams for only $19.95. Just don't forget to type in really, really small print at the bottom of the page that not everyone gets the same results. Then when all those boofheads try to sue you because not one of them made one cent, you can point them to the note and tell them, "You're not everyone - you're a boofhead!" God bless, Dave
+0
Re: Boofheads and Scammers
12/8/2006 5:22:50 AM

Hello Dave,

I sincerely appreciate this forum as it offers me great information, as well as the opportunity to let those here at ALP understand what we at BCN News are doing with regard to riding the Internet of scams, and in reporting on same.

As many will remember, months ago BCN conducted an investigative report on PAS and did all we could to warn others that this was indeed, not all that it was advetrtising and what they were offering would have its members loose thousands of dollars. No one heeded what we reported. Now they are.

On accasion, we have engaged our Interns to work a few programs and then offered their success, or lack of it , in a detailed report; one that we share as part of many news story we release. Through TGAMM FM Radio, we advertise numeorus opportunities. Most are above board and operate with a sence of ethics and high regard for the consumer. Here too is where BCN and TGAMM lets eveyone know that, should they have any experience that is less than what is offered or advertised, they should contact us at once. In this way, we can research that information, place it under our microscope, so to speak, make sure it is valid and not an attempt to be vindictive, and then share it with the Internet community.

I will note here that there have been cases where complaints have been sent to us only to find that those making the complaint had signed onto a program thinking that this was all that was needed. They actually thought that they could sit back and the money would magically drop out of the sky and find its way diretcly into their Paypal or Safepay account. This is where we had to communicat to these indivuals that any program that is making this claim in their ad should be looked upon as being questionable, at the very least.

With our assistance and the feedback recieved over the past six months, we have worked hand and hand with those in law enforcement to not only have many sites taken down, a few unethical deamons operating on the Internet have been placed under arrest. I can tell you right now that the owner of one such program that found its way onto ALP and has reached its tenticles out to other business and personal blog communites will be having a vist from the FTC and local law enforcement. When that day arrives, my staff and I will be offering our investgative report. 

In conclusion, I would suggest that anyone who has been offered any information about any business that is " wonderful " or " horrible ", do their own reseach.

BCN News cares not if we are first with the news, we do however need to the first one to get it right.

To evenyones success,

Vernon Browne/ News Director

BCN News

+0
12/8/2006 7:00:40 AM
GREAT JOB, AS ALWAYS MY FRIEND

It should be many more who worked to take down scams/frauds etc, as there is so many out there.

Keep on with Your good work my friend.

I have just taken down a fraud who sell Replica of Nokia for full price. Found out when I ordered one as they had with Norwegian meny, and I found out that Norwegian menu not are made yet by calling Nokia :-)
Nigerian scam.

Best regards
Arild

PS! There is a lot of Scams out now regarding accounts, specially PayPal.

+0
12/8/2006 8:10:35 AM

There is no doubt that PayPal is being targeted - BUT - remember, PayPal will never send you an e-mail - unless to confirm you have made a purchase.  They NEVER ask for you credit card detail via  e-mail - that is always done through your own online account with them.

Speak as you find, and I have to say that I have used PayPal a lot in the past 12 months - as an eBay buyer.  On the one occasion I had a product problem, Paypal sorted it very quickly and I got my money back promptly. Far quicker and easier with my bank when I was 'phished'for $5000 two yeasr back.  Yes the numbers were different - only $60 in the PayPal problem - but the principle remains the same.

Incidentally PayPal are no more targeted than any and all banks where the crooks aree after your credit card details.  Ditto with programme vendors.  For me - if they don't accept PayPal - I don't deal with them.

Norm Clark
+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/8/2006 9:13:28 PM
Hi Dave,

This HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!  Excellent, provacative and insightful information.  And everyone.........be sure to read that tiny print.......always  :-)

Great stuff and thank you!

Merry Christmas to All!

Hugs, Jill

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!