Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Email Scams
11/29/2006 7:02:53 PM
You Tube Mailer is just an autoresponder ? For $20 lifetime, maybe worth it. What I don't like is the fact that the owner pushes the You Tube Video and Google, like they own him ! Dah, no. And many are presenting the offer that way. It is an auto mail system, with questionable results, hopefully you can use an ad tracker, so you know.... as with all ads you do, it helps a lot to keep track. Someone did a forum about this one..... Linda
+0
John Johnson

79 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/30/2006 7:05:55 AM

Thanks Linda.  I saw (or I think it was) the You Tube forum; but it was promoting the product not explaining if it worked or not.

You mentioned an auto mailing.  Is that from their server or your own (if you know)? Also, if they are not connected (as in the advertisement) to Google or You tube, how did they get the email addresses?

+0
11/30/2006 8:15:47 AM
To me, TOOLS used to grow a business.. that you have NO NEED FOR if you don't have an online business are SCAMMING YOU. Tools are awesome and come and go. One will never build long time wealth off promoting a TOOL... MAN, Tim and I learned THAT the hard way!! Linda/CMAS, BS, RN http://www.TimandLinda.INFO "With Our Heads Held High" AOL and Yahoo IM - TxBizNurse 1-800-256-0004 Toll Free Home Office
+0
John Johnson

79 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/30/2006 12:44:57 PM

Just found this on the internet...

October 21, 2006

You Tube Mailer, Good Idea?

A new email is circulating touting a new mailer that purports to send your email to billions of opt-in subscribers. That should be your first clue.

YouTubeMailer

The really worrysome thing is that it uses a recent purchase by Google of YouTube, the online video system.

Here is the link to the YouTube website http://YouTube.com
Here is the link to the Google purchase announcement http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/pressrel/google_youtube.html

Is this legit? Only time will tell. Any program that purports to send to billions of subscribers is immediately suspect. Besides, what good are a billion subscribers if most of them are from non-English speaking countries, have no interest in you offering, and merely clog up your web site so that legitimate cusomters can't access the site?

Don't waste your $20 on this one. It appears to be a SCAM pure and simple.

Once you pay your money, you are threatened with termination if your computer or IP changes. Suppose you use a laptop, like I do? That means you can't access your account from anywhere other than the location you first accessed it, and if your IP changes, as most of them do, you are out of luck.

Every time you disconnect from the Internet and reconnect, your IP changes. Fortunately it is only $20 down the drain.

Then again, it may work.

It only costs $20 to try, and the traffic may bring you a buyer. That is pretty cheap advertising. Besides, if you recruit others to use the program, you get $15 in commissions for everyone who signs up.

So, while I have my doubts about this one, it may work, at least for awhile.

Thanks for reading.

This is Phoenix Rising, telling it like it is.

The web address is phoenixrisingtellingitlikeitis.com

+0
John Johnson

79 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/30/2006 12:51:31 PM
Anyone know of: Blast4Traffic.com?  It costs 39.95 to mail to loads of opt-in recipients.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!