Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rose Enderud

2223 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE EARLY RENAISSANCE - LUCA DELLA ROBBIA
11/19/2006 9:59:54 PM
Hello Luis,
The sculpture is beautiful. Your notifications are going out to the members of your forum. To get it to the rest of your friends list, edit your forum and do not change anything just invite your friends again.
When you post a new thread it only goes out to those who joined your forum. If you send to your friends list from the edit function it will send to all your friends who are not members of your forum. It does not send a duplicate to the members.
I hope this helps. People who viewed but did not join your forum are not automatically being notified of new post.
Rose
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2006 9:01:00 AM

Hi Robert,

Whether the anecdote is veridical or only a legend I don't know for sure, but if I am not mistaken, it was the great Michelangelo who reputedly said what at any rate is essentially true either for a great sculptor or a beginner; and in fact, any good block of marble is said to be waiting for a master hand to reveal whatever beautiful form it contains.

By the time you tried your hand at it, I guess you also had a clear mental vision of what you wanted to achieve... only you lacked a little practice.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2006 1:30:11 PM

Dear Rose,

You are so kind to visit. I also appreciate your help in regard to my notifications, but I must confess I have been making a terrible mistake there. I had accidentally blocked
adv@softfornet.com from my email account and this caused them to cease completely.

It was only after I got Bogdan Fiedur to take the matter in his own hands (which was after I had pestered several other people with it), and after several tests he personally made, that my blunder suddenly exploded on my face.

I am afraid I am not very practiced at these matters.

Anyway, I will follow your kind advice and will do as you suggest. I hope everything will go fine from now on. What I have yet not very clear is what will happen to my current forum after I edit it. Will it disappear to be replaced with the edited version?

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2006 2:28:36 PM
Hello Luis Miguel,

As usual, is very little I can add to comment about a great work like this one.  I can only thank you and enjoy it - amazed at its beauty.

Delighted you sorted out your notifications problems - it is always something small that gets overlooked!    Please dont delete any thing on your existing forums - they should remain on Adland forever!
I think you just need to add a thread.  Rose knows best about these things!! and lots of other people here do know what to do.

Love
Jenny

+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2006 3:23:31 PM

Hi Luis,

Luca Della Robbia was such a master of terra-cotta and bas-reliefs. My favorite work of his is "Singing Gallery" for the cathedral in Florence.

It is in high-relief, and depicts children singing, dancing and playing musical instruments.

Luis, I sincerely hope you don't mind if I show this piece, but it really is one of my favorites.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!