Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE EARLY RENAISSANCE - LUCA DELLA ROBBIA
11/18/2006 12:19:19 AM

Hi Luis ,

I hope you dont mind me posting .. pauline knows how I love to read and learn new things.. so she shared your link with me.. I compeletly loved it . the sculptors were so beautiful and the art lesson was amazingly well done. I learned much from your post .

I can see my sons, whom I home school has a new place to learn now.. hope you dont mind them learning from you .. !

I totally thank you for your kindness in sharing this and hope to read more as you post .. again.

Also feel free to add me to your friends list if you like .

Blessings Kind sir,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2006 7:47:01 AM

Dear Pauline,

What a joy to have you here, all the more since not many visitors are coming by this time. I am very happy that you like the masterpiece presented. I recommend you take a look at my other Luca dellla Robbia's great favorite here (http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/database/image.asp?id=12266) , I am sure you will find it amazingly beautiful too.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

P.S. I forgot to thank you for inviting such wonderful people as Srinivasan and Geketa. They are certainly welcome.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2006 4:47:57 PM

Dear Sri,

Thank you very much for such erudite collaboration on Luca Della Robbia’s work. I must confess I was not familiar with any major works in bronze by him before he shifted from his celebrated sculptures in marble, such as the singing-gallery for the Florence Cathedral, to the more economical enameled terra-cotta.

I would like to especially thank you for your interesting annotations on his all-important twist to this medium, which add to this forum. And I thank my dear friend Pauline Raina for inviting you here.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2006 8:11:28 PM
Dear Geketa,

You are most welcome to this forum, and I thank Pauline for inviting you. I am glad you like sculpture and hope you like painting too.

My only merit is putting together some data from the best art sites to accompany the artists' masterpieces. However, I try to check these data carefully to make sure they are true. Your sons will learn from these great sites, not from me.

On the other hand, I am not sure whether visitors will still be coming in the future, as I apparently have not had this month any notifications of my forums sent to my list of friends. But I make a vow to keep posting regularly at this forum.

So I hope to see you again and again here.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2006 12:40:16 PM
Hi Luis,

The stone and marble sculptures are amazing. Marble is such a hard
stone. The beauty of these monumental accomplishments leaves me
in awe. I remember reading when one sculpter was asked how
he made such beauty out of stone, he replied that "the image is
already in the stone. I was just removing the stone that covered
it".

I remember making a small sculpture in high school, my feeble
efforts created a work that was unrecognisable and unrelated
to what I was trying to create. My mother told me that it
was pretty and thanked me for it and then she asked me
"what is it?"

Robert
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!