Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Angie Potts

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
To shot or not to shot
11/14/2006 9:24:00 AM
How anyone can say that flu vaccines, likely tainted by the mercury-laden preservative thimerosal, are safe for babies baffles me. No doubt the rampant conflicts of interest in their approval and safety testing is part of the reason. With the flu season approaching, you'll be seeing and hearing all sorts of fear-mongering from "experts," but don't be alarmed. If you're a regular reader, you may have seen an article I ran about the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) announcement that encourages anybody and everybody to get a flu shot. But flu shots are loaded with neurotoxic substances like mercury and aluminum. And in most people, the flu shot does not prevent illness, but actually does just the opposite -- it weakens your immune system and makes you more predisposed to the illness. Therefore, before you even consider vaccinating yourself or your family, I suggest you seriously evaluate the risks and side effects of the flu vaccine. I have compiled a list of six guidelines to help you prevent and fight the flu safely and naturally: Avoid Sugar. Sugar decreases the function of your immune system almost immediately, and as you likely know, a strong immune system is key to fighting off viruses and other illness, including the flu. It is especially imperative to avoid sugar if you feel you are coming down with something, but keeping sugar out of your diet for the long haul will do wonders for your health and make your body stronger, which will make it harder for the flu to bother you. Be aware that sugar is present in foods you may not suspect like ketchup and fruit juice. Get Enough Rest. Just as it becomes harder for you to get your daily tasks done if you're tired, if your body is overly fatigued it will be harder for it to fight the flu. Regular rest will keep you strong and ensure that your body has the strength to fight off any potential invaders. Be sure to check out my article Guide to a Good Night's Sleep for some great tips to help you get quality rest. Have Tools For Stress. We all face some stress everyday, but if stress becomes overwhelming then your body will be less able to fight off the flu and other illness. It has been estimated that up to 90 percent of illness and disease is stress-related. If you feel that stress is taking a toll on your health, consider using my energy psychology tool: Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). EFT is remarkably effective in relieving stress associated with all kinds of events, from work to family to trauma. You can check out my free, 25-page EFT manual for some guidelines on how to perform EFT. Exercise. When you exercise you increase your circulation and your blood flow throughout your body. The components of your immune system are also better circulated, which means your immune system has a better chance of finding an illness before it has a chance to spread. In a sense, exercising helps your immune system to be more efficient in weeding out and acting upon viruses and diseases. You can review my exercise guidelines for some great tips to get started. Take Fish, Krill or Cod Liver Oil. Stop eating junk foods, fast foods, sugary foods, processed grains and trans-fats, and increase the healthy and essential fats like the omega-3 found in cod liver oil, the good carbohydrates like those in vegetables and the healthy proteins like those in clean, naturally raised meats. Wash Your Hands. Washing your hands will decrease your likelihood of spreading a virus to your nose, mouth or other people. If your immune system is strong, it should be able to fight off the virus if it does enter your body, but washing your hands provides a bit of extra protection. Be sure you don't use antibacterial soap for this -- antibacterial soaps are completely unnecessary, and they cause far more harm than good. You can read my article on hygiene mistakes for more information. Instead of antibacterial soap, identify a simple chemical-free soap that you can switch your family to. Local health food stores typically carry a variety of natural soaps. What to Do if You Get The Flu Preventing the flu (and other illnesses) is obviously "your best medicine." But if you do get the flu, one of the most important and simple things you can do is to use hydrogen peroxide in your ears. Yes folks, simple hydrogen peroxide, about a half of a capful in each ear, several times a day, is more than likely to abort the flu reaction. I didn't believe it when I first saw it, but I have now seen many hundreds of cases that have been rapidly aborted with the use of hydrogen peroxide. You can read my original posting on peroxide for this purpose. It costs less than a penny, so you really don't have much to lose. Give it a try. I can guarantee you that it is less toxic and more effective than any flu vaccine on the planet. Related Articles: New Flu Vaccine is Loaded With Mercury Does the Flu Vaccine Really Protect the Elderly? Why I Never Get Flu Shots
Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
+0
Re: To shot or not to shot
11/14/2006 11:39:43 AM
Well Angie, this is one thing that I am going to disagree with you. I used to believe that, actually I didn't even want to give any of vaccine requirements to my children. I used to take my kids regularly to see a chiropractor, to prevent illnesses. But as you already know, my daughter became very sick and we almost lost her. The shots they give children have a lot less mercury than the ones they give the adults. I know it seems as if we are putting forein things in our bodies, but how could you deal with it, if your child wasn't protected and caught something. I ask myself that everyday. I will never take that chance again. I know so many elderly people who have gotten sick before taking the shot. My dad is one of them. Now he goes every year, well we all have to because of Brooklyn, my daughter, and he hasn't been sick since. A lot of people think that the flu shot prevents you from getting the stomach flu, but it only prevents you from contracting the illnesses that are life threatning. I believe it is up to each individual to decide whether or not they should get the flu shot, its a personal decision that they will have to make, and outweigh the risks. I personally believe that I made the wrong decision the year that my daughter got sick, I wish she would have got the flu shot.
+0
11/14/2006 2:51:57 PM

great write up again Angie... I don't agree with the flu shots niether.. My kids haven't gotten the virus.. aside from a few sicknesses... But I do have to say.. since being on the isagenix program... it is almost safe to say.. the haven't even as much as had a cold this year.... amazing..

We can cleanse anything we want out of our bodies.. and if we do get feeling ill.. we just power up on our shakes.. and our vitamin c.. and we are feeling great the very next day.. It is awesome..  My kids totally love it.. AFter halloween candy hit them.. they all came to me and said .. Mom.. make me feel better... lol.. they just had way to much sugar in their bodies.. and couldn't handle the feeling no more. hehe.

I have hear alot about the mercury thing... being when our kids were young that that could have been the causes of some brain chemistry problems...  due to having high levels of lead in the blood stream...  scarey thought isn't it..

Anyhow.. we use nutrtion. and vitamins to stay healthy here.. The only time my boys see a doc.. is if they have brokedn something.. or need stitching done.. That is just how it all works... 

Take care.. and have a Great Day!

Lisa

+0
Angie Potts

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/14/2006 3:42:09 PM
Jackie, I don't know what side to pick on this one. As you know my daughter also became very ill when she was 18 months. We have been getting the flu shot for her since. And I am aware that it does not prevent the flu, my mother in law and my daughter got the flu last year even though they had the shot. I am not at all advocating the absence of vaccines. Look at the alternative. I think that they have to be important and we used to do the whole chiropractic thing also. Not saying that it isn't a useful tool either. However, there have been some bad reports about flu vaccine this year and I am just trying to inform before the decision time hits. I saw on my MSn something about the FDA putting a warning on something flu related. I'll have to go back and look at it. However, the biggest thing that concerns me is that they reformulated the dosage versus ages and now 4 year olds get the adult dosage of the flu vaccine. What are your takes on that? I don't know what I think yet. I'm still thinking it over and I only have until Thursday as I have appointments to get the kids flu shots. Thanks, Angie P
Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
+0
11/14/2006 4:19:11 PM
Hi Angie, My family got the flu shot 3 weeks ago. We have to because my daughter is now immune suppressed. None of us had a reaction to it. Perhaps it is different in the US, but out here in Canada the children are given a different dose. We can not get it from our pedeatrition, we have to go to the health region. The childrens dose doesn't have the high doses of mercury in them. Vitamins are great, I agree, but they will not prevent you from serious illness, contracted by virus. Viruses can be deadly. Let me ask you a question. Lets say the bird flu was active in the US, and people were dying. And lets say they had a vaccine to prevent it. Would you avoid taking it because you had Icegenix or some other vitamin supplement. I sure wouldn't. I would protect my family as much as I could. Same thing goes for me with the flu shot. Sure there are risks, but there is more for those who don't take it. Another point, eventually those people who do not take it, cause more of it later on. Take Chicken Pox for example. At one point everyone was getting a vaccine and the virus was almost not existant. Now that people avoid getting it, its back. It is all over our schools. And the virus is life threatning to my daughter. So because people have stopped taking it, it now puts peoples lives at risk unnessesarily.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!