Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
TV
TV Srinivasan

22 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Love - What do you think? ...
11/11/2006 6:15:56 AM

Dear Venerina

Of all the manifestations of love, possessiveness is the most colourful. In saying so, I am confining myself to only love between two people and no other, like love of money and other material things. Many people tend to look at possessiveness as a kind of by product of extreme love. They contend that it is one of the many ways that love expresses itself. But the question is not about the justifiability of possessiveness in a union of hearts but whether it helps love to progress. Possessiveness within moderate limits can be beautiful and there may be freaks who may even get turned on by a show of insane possessiveness but, like excessive sugar in the blood that wrecks silently all the vital organs in the body, it can wreck love over a period of time.

"Let there be spaces in your togetherness," says Kahlil Gibran, "And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.... Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping"

Let’s now look at what Osho has to say on love, the real and professed ones.

You "love" a person means you possess a person. You "love" a person means he cannot love anybody else. If he loves anybody else he is insulting you; he is proving that you are inferior, that there are better people, more lovable people than you are. It hurts the ego, it hurts your possessiveness, it hurts your monopolistic idea.

And basically it is cowardice, because you are not trying to face the facts about your love in a straightforward manner. It is not a question of your lover loving somebody else; the question is, do you love the person? And you are not brave enough to face that question. And that is the real question to be asked. 

If I love the person then nothing matters. Love allows freedom. Love allows that whatever he feels like doing, he can do. Whatever he feels to be blissful, it is his choice. 
If you love the person, then you don't interfere in his privacy. You leave that person's privacy undisturbed. You don't try to trespass his inner being. You don't want that he should say where he has been, why he is late in the night. That is not right at all. 
It is his life: where he goes, and whether he comes late or not.... You have loved the person as he is -- and this is the way he is. 

Love, as the immortal Nat King Cole sang, is a many splendored thing...

May true love always in!

Sri
+0
11/11/2006 6:44:54 AM

WOW, this is deeeeeep. LOVE? Well, I will love to see one who can live without it, and I think that person most be very unhappy.

Love makes the days sooooooo great, it gives motivation and inspiration, it makes us feel good and I believe it is the best thing in life.

Some love power, some love money - but to love another person is the REAL treasure in life and are the most important thing for me.

Love You :-)

Hugs from
Arild
+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/11/2006 7:11:27 AM
Hi Venerina

I used to be an insomniac, but I found some herbs and things that
just knock me out, but I get up very early. Before this I had sometimes
gone days without sleep.

My favorite way of describing love is in the Christian New King James
Bible: 1st Corinthians Chapter 13.

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels,
But have not love, I have become a sounding brass
or a  clanging cymbal

And though I have the gift of prophecy
and Understanding alll the mysteries and all knowledge
and though I have all faith
so that I could remove mountains
and have not love
I am nothing.

And thouth I bestow all my goods to feed the poor
and though I give my body to be burned
But have not love
It profits me nothing

Love suffers long and is kind
Love does not  envy
is not puffed up
does not behave rudely
does not seek its own
is not provoked
thinks no evil

Does not rejoice in iniquity
but rejoices in truth

Love bears all things
believes all things
Hopes all things
Love never ends.

Robert

Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/11/2006 7:20:59 AM
Hi Venerina,

I think you and Arild have said it all.

Love
Jenny

p.s. by the way - Arild, what is a megahug?
+0
11/11/2006 7:26:47 AM
:-)

It seems like there are a lot of turtle doves in Adland Pro now, and I find it very nice.

Well, a MEGAHUG is......................... I think I most show You what it is as it takes to many words to explain, but Vikings gives MEGAHUGS :-)

MEGAHUGS TO YOU Jenny and Venerina ;-)

Love
Arild
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!