Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rose Smith

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
The Bionic Big-Name Blaster Scam
11/7/2006 7:39:25 AM
Okay, I'm pretty much sick of it now. The YouTubeMailer blaster scam continues to circulate, all over the place. What I don't understand is how people who actually fall for this and purchase the mailer, use it, and get no response actually continue promoting the blaster just to make money. Where is integrity these days? When I buy into a new advertising program, I don't even begin to promote it until I use it myself and see that it returns results. The results don't even have to be sales. I just need to see that I get a decent click-through rate on my ads. That's enough for me. The YouTubeMailer and MySpaceMailer are the two biggest examples of what I call "The Bionic Big-Name Blaster Scam." People embrace them eagerly because someone has copied the name of one of the Internet giants and attached it to their mailer scheme. Who wouldn't respond to an ad that promised to get their advertisements in front of the over 100 million users on MySpace or YouTube? Be careful. Many blaster programs go out to tons of junk email boxes, if they go out to anyone at all. The most return clicks I've ever gotten from a blaster were from GroupsMailer, which is actually a legitimate program that posts your ads to Yahoo!Groups. You actually have to JOIN the groups personally before your ads will go to them. YouTube has groups, too. You have to join them. Then within the groups, you must create a thread for your message. While there are thousands of groups on the site, serving millions of people, I highly doubt that YouTubeMailer is sophisticated enough (at only $20 lifetime cost) to execute the programming necessary to insert a new thread in every group on YouTube, especially not multiple times per hour, all under the same ID (since you HAVE to be a member of YouTube to post). It's flat-out unrealistic, yet people keep falling for it every single day. Do youself a favor: If you want to post to YouTube groups, then find the groups you think might listen, join them for yourself and do your own posting. Keep your money in your pocket. YouTube is free. Rose
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: The Bionic Big-Name Blaster Scam
11/7/2006 8:26:04 AM
Amen!
Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/7/2006 8:31:38 AM
hello Rose...I agree with you...to much hype...you have to be careful what you get into...Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/7/2006 1:57:29 PM

Hi Rose !

Your a good friend passing this on - thank you and God Bless

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Rose Smith

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/7/2006 2:12:21 PM
Nice to see I have some thinkers on my friends list. Thanks, you guys, for stopping by.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!