Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE EARLY RENAISSANCE - SANDRO BOTTICELLI
11/7/2006 2:01:56 PM

Hello Luis,

Thank you for sharing this painting by Botticelli, it is so beautiful.

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/7/2006 10:09:43 PM

Dear Deborah,

Your beautiful words have turned me into an evocative mood such as for many years I was not able to experience. 

I don't think there is other painting in all the history of art with such evocative quality as The Birth of Venus. The melancholic eyes of the goddess have captured the imagination of innumerable people for centuries. She may have unlikely bodily features like the curve of her neck or the length of her left arm or hair, but such perfect beauty and such elegance in a stance cannot be found elsewhere than on this wonderful masterpiece.

And on top of it all, such sumptuousness in the color and the composition and everything else! Only a Botticelli could produce such prodigy.

I have been in love with this painting since I was a child.

Sincerely,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/7/2006 10:46:41 PM
Dear Pauline,

Your visits have been turning more and more precious to me. In fact, I owe it to my visitors the task of chosing unique, enjoyable masterpieces that are worth viewing not once, but many times. In this regard, I will try to show you only the best ones I can think of for every period covered. This will be sort of painful, as I will have to discard a lot of great art works that are of immense merit as well. But I will also derive much joy in the process.

Thanks again for coming.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/8/2006 10:28:13 AM
Dear Rose and Jo,

Thank you for coming and for your kind words. It's a pleasere and an honor to have the two of you here. 

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!