Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
It's Time For The 68th Edition of the Person of Week forum!!!
11/6/2006 8:38:54 AM

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

Folk's, LaNell will no longer be able to help me with this forum because she is moving and starting a new job, but I wanted to thank her for all the help she was during the time she was with me on this project. I also want to dedicate this edition of the POTW to her. Thank you LaNell, many blessing to you for your help. I wish you the best on your new job and move.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Our POTW for this week is an interesting Chap from the UK by the name of John Partington. John has made many of us laugh from time to time with his unique sense of humor. He’s a no nonsense kind of guy who tells it like it is and who doesn’t beat around the bush. John makes AdlandPro a more interesting place to be. Congratulations John on winning the Person of the Week award.  Enjoy!

Here's John's Bio:

I was born on the 20th December 1948 in Reddish, Stockport, Cheshire.  I was Educated at St Elisabeth’s Church Junior School. As a child I have fond memories of playing with go-carts made from old pram wheels and racing around the streets.  Plus making balsawood aircraft with glue tissue paper and elastic bands and taking them to the local park to fly them.  I was also a member of the church choir and I remember doing a soprano solo one Christmas just after my tenth birthday. I lost my mother to lung cancer when I was 10 years old and that knocked me for six, but my grandmother stepped in to look after me until my father re-married when I was 12.  My grandmother was a tower of strength for me because I couldn't get on with my stepmother.

After I left the church school at 11 I was a pupil at Reddish Vale Secondary Modern School and I took an interest in the usual boy things football cricket sports etc, I left this school with a general certificate of education.  I think they gave you that so you wouldn't feel thick when you came up against grammar school pupils looking for the same jobs you were after Lol!!! I got an apprenticeship in carpentry and joinery with a small building firm called John Lee's & Son; they were based in Stockport about 7 miles from reddish and I used to cycle to work and home again every day.  I preferred the journey to work better because I could go down a long hill into Stockport, but the journey home was very tiring going uphill. 

While I was an apprentice I also had to attend Stockport Technical College for one day a week, for the theory and some practical work. As a teenager there wasn't much to do except the youth club twice a week where I used to enjoy playing darts, table tennis and snooker. I also used to play and beat the pensioners at crown green bowls as I was pretty good. I also used to be a campanologist and enjoyed bell ringing practice.  If I managed to get out of bed in time I would go to church before the service and ring the bells with another 12 bell ringers and we used to be able to do quite a few rounds or peals in the half an hour we had before the service.

As I got older, I got more depressed and wanted to leave home. My father had wanted me to go into the Royal Navy as he was a petty officer during the war, servicing fighter aircraft. I failed the exam but, never mind the army would usually take rejects, so I joined up in 1966 and did my basic training at Catterick camp, near Rippon, in Yorkshire and learned how to drive tanks. They were called Centurions, weighed 50 tons and had a top speed of 45 mph and two reverse speeds called "Oh shit" and "Oh crap" as the thickest armoured plate was at the front, so you didn't want to get hit by a shell anywhere else! It had a 120mm main gun and 50mm machine gun rangefinder that fired a tracer bullet every fourth round. The only thing I used to hate was sometimes the hot bullet casings would land on the back of my neck. After this I was transferred to my regiment the Prince of Wales Dragoon Guards based at Detmold in Germany. 

This was the year that England won the world cup by beating the Germans in Germany. I think the whole camp cheered when the final whistle went and everyone celebrated that evening but I can't remember it too well. I have also served in North Africa and Cyprus. While I was in Cyprus I was informed my Father had died from a heart attack and I was granted two weeks compassionate leave and a travel warrant to fly back to England the following day, I went to stay with my Grandmother as my parents had moved to Poole in Dorset and I only wanted to travel down on the day of the funeral and back up to Reddish.  I remember the church was packed as my Dad was quite a popular character, my stepmother indicated I wasn't welcome and that was the last time I saw her.

I went back to Cyprus but the army had lost some of its interest for me. I requested to leave by purchase because I had only done just over three year’s service out of the nine years I had signed up for. The regiment was sent back to Germany and I eventually had my request accepted so it cost me £200. I was then sent to Bovington Camp in Dorset where I was transferred to the reserves by request in 1970. I got married and during the next decade had two lovely daughters and went through jobs varying from delivery driver, salesman, shower fitter, delivery driver, shop manager. I moved to Sutton-in-Ashfield in Nottinghamshire for this job and then Mansfield Nott's and stayed there, self employed carpet fitter, miner, salesman, plus others to numerous to mention.

During this time my marriage was beginning to fail and the endless rows made me want to work away from home, so I started working for a Crewe based company in 1995 as a representative and travelled the whole of the UK. It was in 1999 I met and fell in love with Barbara, whose own marriage had broken down, and in November 1999 I left my wife and moved to Crewe. Barbara left her husband on the 30th December and moved in with me. We lived together since then and after the divorces came through we were married on the 27th August 2004 so Barbara gained two step daughters and I gained five stepsons.

I have two Daughters, Joanne who is still single and Jennifer who got married last year and they both live in Mansfield Woodhouse, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. Barbara has five sons, Steven, who got married this year, lives in Crewe, Peter has his own flat in Crewe, Robert lives with his girlfriend in Crewe, Martin lives with his girlfriend in Nantwich and Mathew lives with his father in Crewe.

I have messed around with computers since 1995 and put my first site online the same year. I am self taught, mainly by reading books and making mistakes but I am quite competent now.  I have recently had to stop working because of ill health, I won't bore you with the details but I am now unable to do a normal day’s work.  I am hoping that I can develop my online interests including Adlandpro and my other sites to assist with the family budget; I almost forgot Barbara is now a member of Adlandpro and is affectionately known as “The Power behind the Throne.”

Thanks for reading!

Best Wishes

John Partington

What an interesting Bio, thank you John for sharing with us a part of your past. Enjoy being our POTW and King of AdlandPro. I think this POTW week will be unlike any we have had before… looking forward to it. LOL Take care Buddy! :-)

Folks, it’s time to congratulate our new POTW and to invite him to join your list of friends if he’s not already on it. ;-)

Love and blessings to all of you from,

John Sanchez

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

IF YOU HAVEN'T VOTED FOR THE 69th POTW YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SO TODAY AT:

69th POTW POLL < CLICK THERE!

New POTW nominations forum at:

Nominations Forum < Click There!

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time For The 68th Edition of the Person of Week forum!!!
11/6/2006 8:42:53 AM

Congratulations King John....

(now that sounds weird!!!!) LOL... no relation, by any chance? .... Nr Sherwood are we? hehehe

Reading your bio ... all I can say is ....

Quit following me around!!!! hehehehe ....

Oh sorry, I'm younger than you ... must be me following you ... Germany, Cyprus ... Mansfield .... where's the next stop then? .... hehehehe

Enjoy your week my (NLP) nutty lost pratt friend!!! hehehehehe ...

Don't beat me .... don't beat me ....

+0
11/6/2006 8:43:54 AM

CONGRATULATION
MY GOOD FRIEND
 JOHN.

You deserve this and I wish You welcome in the POTW-club.

Enjoy Your week in the Light
my friend.

Vikinghug from
Arild
+0
11/6/2006 8:51:58 AM

Oh John!  8)

I forgot to tell you to enjoy your time in the Spotlight of AdlandPro!

So go into the light John... go into the light... oh, wrong light John...

turn back, turn back... we're not through with you here at AdlandPro.

Enjoy Buddy!  ;-)

John Sanchez

Taking it to the next level...!

For as Man thinks so is He...! (Paraphrased from Prov. 23:7)

If you believe in yourself then others will believe in you and it’s then when doors will begin to open for you... JRS ©

If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!

John 13:34 (Whole Chapter)
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

John 13:35 (Whole Chapter)
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

+0
Geir Sjaastad

138 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/6/2006 8:57:39 AM
Hi John and congratulation!

It is great to see you in this posision. You deserve it can can pump some blood in to the system!

Geir

Klogswork for Teamwork

Home: Klogswork

Blog: Working with MLM

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!