Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Jest in Time
11/4/2006 10:05:43 PM
Greetings,

It seems that the US Treasury has announced they are recalling the new Texas quarters.

"We are recalling all of the new Texas quarters that were recently issued," Treasury Undersecretary Russell Shackelford said in a press conference Monday.  "This comes in the wake of numerous reports to this agency that the quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices."

The winning design for the quarter was submitted by Texas A & M student, William Doutrieux.

"We believe the problem lies in a small design flaw," said Shackelford.  "Apparently, the duct tape holding the two dimes and nickel together keep jamming the coin-operated devices."

Wow!  Could this be true??  :-D

God bless,

Dave
+0
Re: Jest in Time
11/4/2006 11:04:18 PM

No, Dave, it's not true...but it is funny!  I have to wait another 2 years for my state's quarter to come out since we were not admitted to the Union until 1912!  They are going in chronological order.  Arizona was the 48th state to be admitted to the Union, which leaves only Alaska and Hawaii after us.

Kate

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/5/2006 12:26:49 AM
Hi Kate,

Thanks for the interesting facts.  It is most interesting that Texas very nearly was a separate country, and that its inhabitants were referred to as Texicans. (Not Texans, as they are now.)

It will be most interesting to see the real coin when it does come out.  I'm sure it will do justice to Texas' proud heritage.

God bless,

Dave
+0
Rick Willey

28 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/5/2006 12:34:41 AM
Perhaps super glue would be a solution! :-) I love it!
+0
Bea
Bea Souza

1316 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/5/2006 11:30:38 AM

Dave this is just too cute.  Keep posting these chuckles.

Enchanted Hollow      Link Scout      Neebie Gifts      SenSatiaFruit

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!