Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adventist Belief Number 26 - Death and Resurrection
11/4/2006 9:32:15 PM

Hi My Friends! It is our belief according to what the bible says, that people who die, know not anything, the body goes back to dust, from which it came. My question to you is what happens to the soul? What are your beliefs concerning this issue?

---------------------

26. Death and Resurrection:
The wages of sin is death. But God, who alone is immortal, will grant eternal life to His redeemed. Until that day death is an unconscious state for all people. When Christ, who is our life, appears, the resurrected righteous and the living righteous will be glorified and caught up to meet their Lord. The second resurrection, the resurrection of the unrighteous, will take place a thousand years later. (Rom. 6:23; 1 Tim. 6:15, 16; Eccl. 9:5, 6; Ps. 146:3, 4; John 11:11-14; Col. 3:4; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 1 Thess. 4:13-17; John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:1-10.)

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adventist Belief Number 26 - Death and Resurrection
11/4/2006 10:41:52 PM

Hi James,

Very interesting topic for sure. Here you go ..

First, I believe humans  are three fold beings. We are spirits having an earthly experience. There fore we are body , soul and spirit ..the three fold man.

Gosh I am gonna need a whole forum just for this post.. lol

The soul is apart of the body it is the consciencousness of man, there fore it is attached to the body ..by the mind. when the body dies so does it.

When we die the mind,soul and sleeps. the body returns to dust from which it came,until the resurrection.

The spirit returns to G-d until the time of the resurrection at that time if you are a believer and make it to eternal life it returns to the new body we recieve at the return of Yeshua( Jesus Christ).

That is as short as sweet as I can make it in a forum setting..

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/4/2006 10:50:51 PM

Hi Geketa, just as Christ slept in the tomb after He was crucified, so it is with those who are asleep in Christ. I like that expression as to the word death, which sounds so cruel!

+0
11/4/2006 11:13:12 PM

The body does go back to dust, as stated in Genesis.  What happens to the soul depends on how the person lived his or her life and whether or not he or she accepted God as Lord and Jesus as the saviour.  If you give up your life to God while still on this planet, then you join him when you die.  If you follow only your own desires, then your soul goes out of existence and you cease to be.

Kate

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/4/2006 11:19:16 PM

Hi Kate, thanks for sharing :) Your thoughts are always appreciated!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!