Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Lutes

106 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Welcome to Spookiest Halloween!
10/31/2006 11:05:36 PM

Hi Jim,

Well tonight is dressed up as a Witch, and answered my door.  I had a long orange dress on, with a black cape, black witch hat, and a broom in hand.  By the way my door was adjusted to squeak.  So I open it, as it is squeaking and I said "Hello, can I help you." in a very low voice.  Well the kids in the neighbourhood that know me gets a big kick out of it every year.  They have no idea how I am going to dress up and I really don't scare them. 

Tonight I opened the door, and there was this dracula standing there.  I scared him to death.  He turned white as a ghost and back-up and off of the landing and started crying.  I was scared to death.  Thank goodness his father caught him in mid-air he had just backed off of my landing and was falling down my three front steps backwards.  His father is laughing, but the young dracula didn't think it was funny, he is still crying.  I wish I had a movie camera on him, it was really funny, after it happened.

Now I am sitting on my front steps consoling dracula.  He was only about 6 years old, was in complete dracula costume with blood stains all over his white shirt.  I looked at him and I said "You are not suppose to be scared of me, I am suppose to be scared of you, your dracula."  With that I took my hat off, and the little dracula finally realized it was funny, and started laughing.

Next year, I don't know if I am going to dress-up or not because I was really scared he was going to hurt himself, thank goodness his father was there and rescued him.  That is my story for this year.

Do have a wonderful night, Jim.  Watch out for Witches and Dracula. 

Pauline

Pauline Lutes http://LeadingEdgeNetwork.biz Gratitude should not be an occasional incident, but a continuous attitude.
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/1/2006 1:05:44 AM

Hi James,

I was planning a nice quite evening playing catch up on things I needed to get done. Its seemed the rain did not want me to, so me and my neighbor pitched in and baked like ravening loonies all afternoon and put together a party for the kids! Thankfully there are only 10 of them that are small enough to trick or treat.

The older kids had fun scaring the younger ones. I dug out some old silly songs we had on CD's from a few years ago and they all had a blast. We taught them now to moster mash!! They all had fun learning how to dance.

I wore my favorite black velvet witches dress with purple trim and the purple and black hat that matches . It took me over an hour to take off the grease paint when we got finished, but hey it was for the kids.. I have more fun than they did..

Who says rainy days can't be fun ?

Happy Halloween.

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2006 9:49:51 PM

Hi Pauline, thanks for sharing this story! Next year Dracula will be a year older and maybe will realize that it's just a costume! You'll have to use your best judgement on that one!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2006 9:51:05 PM

Hi Geketa, I'm glad to see you have a creative side! Somehow or other I kindof suspected that!

+0
11/2/2006 10:24:25 PM

Hello James!  :-)

Thanks for the invitation, sorry I'm so late.

I'll go check out that site right now.

Take care Buddy!  8)

John Sanchez

Taking it to the next level...!

For as Man thinks so is He...! (Paraphrased from Prov. 23:7)

If you believe in yourself then others will believe in you and it’s then when doors will begin to open for you... JRS ©

If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!