Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: I just gotta say
10/31/2006 9:43:38 AM

I guess that was what hit me too that some people can get desperate . But the age old adage that some believe in that you can't get ahead in the race if you don't roll over the person in front of you well is just plain wrong.

There are advantages to money sure but if I learned anything from my reading and experience you need to listen to your potential customers and the markets that you are trying to break into.

Instead of just trying to see the $$$$$ signs people should try seeing the forest through the trees. Concentrate on your customers and how to build a customer base around their needs once you get that down then the money will come, you just need to concentrate on what's important and that's not money (believe me cause when you don't have it you can't manufacture it.)

Check back frequently updating and remaining current is the key to it all
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/2/2006 12:21:42 PM
Hi Elizabeth and all, The sad thing is he's likely parroting exactly what someone else said to him. There are those who have no compunction in using ANY trick to get someone to sign up. They use fear (of losing out), intimidation, even bullying to get what THEY want. Your money. After that? well you are advised to use the same tactics, and if you don't have success..well you're doing it wrong, or you're just not good enough. Anyone recognize the gameplan? Another sad thing is that there are just enough innocent people that get taken by these guys to keep them in business. I don't know many marketers that haven't experienced this kind of sales tactic, and I will admit..I've been taken by them too. Perhaps it's part of the learning process, the Internet School of Hard Knocks.
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2006 6:52:37 PM
Hello Elizabeth...
First of all, Thank You for inviting me to your forum.
Sounds like you crossed paths with a "novice" who has a lot to learn in regards to dealing with people.
Networking is a "we' attitude...not a "me" attitude.
My outlook everyday in this business is how many people can I help out today.
It is not about how much money can I earn today.  Help enough people out and the finances will take care of themselves...guaranteed!
When individuals try to force a presentation...it's a NO WIN situation.
Just my 2 cents...Your Friend Steven

+0
11/4/2006 9:30:08 PM

Hi Stephen

First let me apologise for the delay in getting to your post blame the weather leaf raking goes a lot slower when it is cold out.

The scary part is that the person is not a novice and gets by bulling people. The end result they lose money and become disillusioned then he runs out and finds more new enthusiastic people.

Sad but true there is always someone out there that will try to take advantage

Elizabeth

+0
11/4/2006 9:34:48 PM

Internet school of hard knocks I like it perhaps we should get an opt in forum and produce an e book listing the who what where and how to plus other helpful hints we have learned along the way anyone interested?

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!