Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bea
Bea Souza

1316 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Copywriting tips
10/23/2006 8:41:03 AM

Thank your for the invite to this good forum Ruby. You have made some very good points here.

Enchanted Hollow       NeeBie Gifts       Tube Mailer       Traffic Roundup

+0
Re: Your Invitation & Copywriting tips
10/26/2006 3:45:52 AM

I absolutely agree with all you have said about why people buy Ruby. I am reading reams about WRITING sopy at the moment, whether it be for my site or for ads.

The one thing I have found out is that is that you must visit as many sites as possible in your niche before undertaking the composition of any copy.

My one peice of advice is that imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery but make sure it is not plagiarism. (At least not without the site owners permission, they have worked VERY hard on their copy and you should not steal it).

Thank you for the invitation to join the forum, I'm sure, as with the rest of the Adland community help, I will gain great benefit from joining this forum.

Bless and best wishes

Tony

Tony Williams (not Ronald, that was my dads name)
+0
Ruby Garson

151 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Your Invitation & Copywriting tips
10/28/2006 12:36:54 AM

Ronald,

I'm glad that you are learning about marketing and writing copy.  However I'm not sure I agree with the flattery thing.  I know that people say that.  And in some instances that may be true.  However, since THIS forum is about learning the right thing to do with respect to copy, let me say this:

If the person you are imitating has been professionally trained, that may work! However if they are not, your copy may not be any better than what you would have done without reviewing others copy.

I have been trained by some of the best copywriters in the industry, like Michael Masterson, Bob Bly, and others, who are extreemly successful.  They are, for the most part, independently wealthy from the copy they have written.  Just to give you an idea of where I am coming from. 

There are some sites that are done well, however the majority of the sites I see, are created by people who don't know much, if anything at all, about writing effective copy.  So be very carefull.  Just because it looks good, does not mean it will be effective in getting results.  And that must be the ultimate goal of any copy. The Results!

I do agree about the fact that you need to be very careful and make sure your copy is original and not copied.  That is illegal and punishable by the law.

Thank you All for your input.  And for participating in this forum!

Take care for now.  Keep those post coming!

God Bless

Ruby E. Garson

To Your Life Success, From Direct Response Ruby Garson Success University http://vur.me/DirectResponse1/SuGM NowYouCanSucceed@gmail.com Get paid to be entertained! http://www.E4L.BIZ/money.htm?RubyGarson
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Copywriting tips
11/14/2008 2:53:37 AM

Great copy writing TIPS!

best wishes,
Beth

+0