Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Beliefs of Adventism Number 19 - Law of God
10/20/2006 8:48:48 PM

Kate, when we take life into our own hands, it seems like we always mess things up. I know I do. We have to commit ourselves to the Lord every day, first thing when we get up, or else the devil uses us as a playground!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/20/2006 8:57:16 PM

Geketa, I've come to believe I can count on your support!!!! You are a true friend. Thank you soo much.

Here is something I need to share. It is in the book of Revelation.

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy in this book,  If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book. And if any man shall take away from the words of this book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly, Amen. Even so,  come, Lord Jesus." Revelation 22:18-21

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2006 1:19:07 AM

James you can count on me yes always.

I know there many religious groups .. denominations I believe is a better word,  that say the passages in Revelation are only referring to that particular book of the bible. However, I do not nor does my rabbi or our congregations. The bible is a whole book.. 66 individual books with in a large book .. to keep it simple.

To make my point here is what I believe many groups have written books and I am not going to name call (let me just say groups) have written other books  they refer to as G-d inspired this in my opinion would be adding to what the bible has already told us in the 66 books it contains. Than there are others who like to play the pick and chose game. Both are treading on danerous grounds.

Then we have those that would like to do away with the old testament and say it is not applicable today it is only for our learning. I say shame shame.. the laws and statures are set up forever and last time I looked up forever it meant there was no end.

If you don't want your name removed for the book of life I think it is a good idea not to mess around with adding or subtracting to any part of the bible.

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2006 2:09:10 AM

Geketa, there are those who have openly claimed to have changed times and laws. I won't mention any names here, (a denomination in the distant past) because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Everyone here, I hope, are my friends. It is my intent to share my beliefs, and so far, I believe the Holy Spirit has lead me in the right direction!

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2006 2:55:13 AM

Hi James,

yes its GRACE GRACE N MORE GRACE all the way thru  which we are saved......God does have the last say in everything doesnt he ????? no matter who we are, how  we are, what ever we do...is all as filthy rags before Him.....What Jesus did for us is all we need to accept to  get us in the arms of our Creator and Our Gracious Father God !!!!

Thank you for the invite, and this great forum..

Bless you

Pauline R

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!