Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fundamental Belief Number 17 - Spiritual Gifts and Ministries
10/13/2006 11:07:15 AM

Hi My Friends, I would be delighted if you could share with me what you do as far as involvement  in your church concerning Spiritual Gifts and Ministries. Thanks.

17. Spiritual Gifts and Ministries:
God bestows upon all members of His church in every age spiritual gifts which each member is to employ in loving ministry for the common good of the church and of humanity. Given by the agency of the Holy Spirit, who apportions to each member as He wills, the gifts provide all abilities and ministries needed by the church to fulfill its divinely ordained functions. According to the Scriptures, these gifts include such ministries as faith, healing, prophecy, proclamation, teaching, administration, reconciliation, compassion, and self-sacrificing service and charity for the help and encouragement of people. Some members are called of God and endowed by the Spirit for functions recognized by the church in pastoral, evangelistic, apostolic, and teaching ministries particularly needed to equip the members for service, to build up the church to spiritual maturity, and to foster unity of the faith and knowledge of God. When members employ these spiritual gifts as faithful stewards of God's varied grace, the church is protected from the destructive influence of false doctrine, grows with a growth that is from God, and is built up in faith and love. (Rom. 12:4-8; 1 Cor. 12:9-11, 27, 28; Eph. 4:8, 11-16; Acts 6:1-7; 1 Tim. 3:1-13; 1 Peter 4:10, 11.)

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 17 - Spiritual Gifts and Ministries
10/13/2006 11:36:48 AM

Hi James,

We are fundamentally Judaic in nature as our beliefs, as I have stated before I am a  Messianic Jew, we have all the 5 gift ministries in place in our congregations.  That of prophets , pastor, teachers, evangelists and apostles also we believe in the manifestations of the Holy Spirit as given on the day of Pentecosts according to Acts 2: 4 . We believe in one gift having several functions, thus you get the gift of Holy Spirit at the time of salvation, therefore empowering you  the believer the ability to operate the functions according to Cor. 12:9-11

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 11:54:58 AM
Hi James, I believe that every born again Christian is called to the great commission. God will bless each one according to his will with the gifts he thinks we are capable of handling, as we walk closeer to him each day we will see that gift being manifested in our life..I believe I have been called to serve the youth, as I have a real burden for them, here in my country and all around the world. Have a blessed weekend Pauline R
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/15/2006 11:44:40 PM

Hi Geketa, well, I'm learning about Messianic Jews! Thanks for sharing. I apologize for taking so long to get a response back to you. I went on what I thought would be a two day trip, and I'm still away from home. I kindof feel like I got kidnapped.  Anyway, the bible says all things work together for good to those who love the Lord.

I would like to request special prayer for a dear friend of my mother. She was in a near fatal car accident a couple months ago, recovered from that, but in the process was diagnosed with a tumor in her abdomen. They performed surgery, but she has been under such trauma the last couple months, I believe only a miracle will save her life. She is suffering from what I believe is congestive heart failure. If you don't mind, please pass this information on to all your friends. I will be forever grateful.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2006 12:13:07 AM

Pauline, I just wrote a response to your post, it was a lengthy one, and I lost it all. I apologize.  I will have to share it with you another time. Seems like when you need to share your faith, the devil sometimes steps in and makes everything you said disappear. I had a story that just happened yesterday. Anyway, I've got a job interview tomorrow, so I've got to get to bed. Take Care,

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!