Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fundamental Belief Number 16 - The Lord's Supper
10/10/2006 1:30:28 AM

Does your church use unleavened bread to represent the emblems of the body of Christ? Please share with me how your service is done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

16. Lord's Supper:
The Lord's Supper is a participation in the emblems of the body and blood of Jesus as an expression of faith in Him, our Lord and Saviour. In this experience of communion Christ is present to meet and strengthen His people. As we partake, we joyfully proclaim the Lord's death until He comes again. Preparation for the Supper includes self-examination, repentance, and confession. The Master ordained the service of foot washing to signify renewed cleansing, to express a willingness to serve one another in Christlike humility, and to unite our hearts in love. The communion service is open to all believing Christians. (1 Cor. 10:16, 17; 11:23-30; Matt. 26:17-30; Rev. 3:20; John 6:48-63; 13:1-17.)

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 16 - The Lord's Supper
10/10/2006 6:33:46 AM

Hi James and all :

We offer communion at our congregation . It is sad that the true meaning has been lost over the years. Communion is set forth for our healing in addition to the above mentioned. Many believers are sick and broken because the truth has not been taught from the pulpit as it should be. He died for our transgressions and  was wounded for out iniquities and it was by his stripes we were healed. That healing is still available today. For his is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Blessings ,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Jerilyn Merideth

1618 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/10/2006 3:03:32 PM

HI JAMES,

I ENJOYED THE POST!

AS ALWAYS!

THANKS,

JERILYN

Jerilyn Merideth http://www.critterpower.com "Cutest Critter Photo Contest" now through April 30, 2011. "The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals" ~ Anonymous"
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2006 3:26:29 PM

Geketa, all I can say to your post is AMEN! Blessings upon you.

When I go to a communion service, usually we have a short time frame where we give testimonials, then the pastor gives a short sermon, then we break up for the footwashing. The men and women use separate rooms, and there is a room for couples. The footwashing portion of the service is also the ordinance of humility. But of course it symbolizes cleansing, not only the feet, but the whole body from sin, as Christ did.

After the service is over, I feel refreshed, and burdens of sin have been removed!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2006 3:28:58 PM
Jerilyn, thanks for stopping by! You are welcome to share your feelings about the question I asked above!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!