Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the...
6/7/2005 10:14:16 AM
"If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great." - Tom Hanks in "A League of Their Own." -
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Re: If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the...
6/7/2005 10:47:28 AM
Bogdan, Great post. People must compensate for their own limitations, that is where the hard is.... Tom Hanks is such a great actor, too.
Nap Jones

Stop working for pennies and cents and move up to real good commissions http://www.commissionriver.com/publisher_signup.html?crid=10969
+0
Thomas West

8 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/7/2005 10:50:07 AM
Usually when a person says something is "hard" it is because they have not developed the skills or understanding to make it "easy." I deal with this concept daily with my band students. "Mr. West, this scale is HARD!" "No it's not," I tell them, "you're just not familiar with it yet." I often give them the following analogy: Remember the first time you tied your shoes? How long did it take? You had a set of instructions 5 to 10 steps long, and you had to think through each one to complete the task. Today, this morning, how long did it take you to tie your shoes? Can you do it with your eyes closed? Now, what is the difference between then and now? You've spent the last X number of years repeating that skill, tying your shoes, daily and sometimes multiple times in one day. You have memorized the steps and no longer need them, and your muscles have memorized the movements. What once took you 5 minutes now takes 10 seconds. This is the building of a HABIT. Habits save us precious minutes of our lives. Good habits serve us every day, while bad habits enslave us and hold us back. For the person who says that something is too hard, they are accepting limitation in their life. This is not always a bad thing, but we all must be mindful of our thoughts and make decisions about how to invest our time on this Earth. Here's another great quote: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit." -- Aristotle I would take that one step further and say that we are what we repeatedly THINK! Make it a great day (literally),
+0
6/7/2005 11:40:37 AM
EXCELLENT POST!! Spoken as a TRUE TEACHER!!!! Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
+0
6/8/2005 11:35:05 AM
Things are only hard, if you consider them to be hard, but until you start and complete your product, you don’t know if it is going to be hard or easy. When you complete something that is hard the next time it is easier, and so on. Survey has shown that 90% of people are seeking for the will to fail, they are not willing to try if it requires any effort. People often give up before they even start. If you think you are going to fail, you are defeated before you start. Only 10% start and try something that is hard, and by determination and persistence win. Napoleon said: “Impossible is only used in the dictionary of fools.” What makes it great is completing something that’s hard it gives you the reward and the satisfaction of your achievement. Whatever your problems that are hard, write them down, break it down into small sections, get advice, then start the project. A person found some writing that said that in the centre of a jungle there was a pot of gold. This person only had a penknife to hack his way to the centre, most would give up before they start thinking it was impossible to get to the gold, as someone could get there quicker, they would give up before they start. But this person was determined to try and went to the jungle with his penknife. On arrival he saw an old woodcutter and ask his advice of how to get to the centre of the jungle, old man said I will lend you my chainsaw, this made the problem very easy so the pot of gold was reached easily! Plan how to solve hard problems then start use persistence, determination with having the “ WILL TO WIN.” NO ONE PLANS TO FAIL, THEY ONLY FAIL TO PLAN. To your success and to win. Bryan Webb - United Kingdom. **************************************# EARN and LEARN at: http://englishwww.en101.com weben101@yahoo.com "Ferrari" Flash Presentation: http://www.movie.ws/1abiz/show **************************************#
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!