Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 7 - Nature of Man
9/21/2006 12:55:31 PM

Hi James,

thanks for the invite.  When I read the Bible, I understand that  in God's sight  man and woman are equal. see gen; 2:18.'.....I will make him a helper comparable to him.' now we see later after they have been disobedient  .....chap 3:16 we read  '...and to the woman he said.............your desire shall be for your husband and he shall rule over you.'   this makes me realize that  thats not how God intended it to be!   finally we see in Gal 3:28 that in Christ there is no male nor female. So the battle of the sex's ends with CHRIST, and if we have him in the  VERY CENTER of our lives there will be no superior or inferior sex. We come to the point of how God wanted us to be in the first place !!!!!

take care n stay blessed

Pauline R

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/21/2006 10:13:27 PM
Hi Pauline, that's cool! Thanks for sharing this information. I totally agree with you. Christ comes first.
+0
9/21/2006 11:42:55 PM

God created both men and women in his image.  That means they are equal.  I do not think one has dominion over the other.  Husbands and wives are admonished several times to love and respect one another and to keep themselves unto each other.  Unfortunately, that does not always happen and women are allowed to leave their husbands if the man fails to keep up his end of the bargain.

Ladies, don't rely on men to be your solace and refuge.  Rely on the Lord and He will guide you down the right path.

Kate

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
9/22/2006 7:43:36 AM
I strongly believe that God has set an order in place.  The man is definately head of the home.  And the woman needs to submit to him.  It is as she does, that the man's authority [God given authority] can be exercised and blessings will flow to the home.

I am not saying a woman is a door mat - but as men love their wife's as Christ loved the church, giving themself for them.  It is easy to submit.  

It is not a man giving orders and the woman jumping at every command.  It is a team effort - the two are one.  They  compliment each other and encourage one another, building each other up in the Lord. 

So many say that they do not need to submit to anyone .. only the Lord!  But God has set an order in place and if a person says they submit to the Lord only .. they are in actually - NOT.  For God says we are to submit to those in authority over us.  And God says that wives are to submit to their husbands. 

Under His Wings
Linda
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/22/2006 1:14:04 PM

Linda, thank you for those words, I could not have said it any better! "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." Ephesians 5:22 (KJV) Take a look also at verses 23, 24, 25.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!