Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
12DP Sept 1 Report from the Receiver. Please read. (Newbies Especially)
9/19/2006 10:07:48 PM

Hi:

Most of you know about the fiasco that surrounded 12DailyPro. When I stumbled across this Sept 1 update, I had to share it.

As you may know, on March 1, 2006, 12Daily Pro and Lifeclicks were placed under the control of Thomas F. Lennon, a United States District Court appointed Receiver, at the request of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Here's a few snippets from the first preliminary report of the Receiver, dated September 1, 2006...

• Charis Johnson's computer database of investor information was secured and sent to the receiver's offices for investigation.
  • The Receiver has begun to analyze the transfers in and out of the 12DP account to determine the net gains and net losses FOR EACH INVESTOR
  • Based on his review of the preliminary data and the Internet traffic on blogs related to HYIP on the Internet, the Receiver believes that certain investors were aware of the fact that 12DP was a Ponzi scheme and invested with the intent of maximizing their investment early in the scheme and withdrawing their funds before it collapsed.

The Receiver will continue his investigation in an effort to identify and, to the extent possible, recover ill-gotten gains from investors and other third parties.

There is a reason I am posting this. There seems to be an abundance of people here at Adland promoting scammy or questionable 'money making' programs and smarmy sounding 'biz opps." 

If there is one thing that everyone can learn from the 12DP fiasco, it is this: YOU ARE NOT INVISIBLE ONLINE.

If you participate in an illegal plan, and especially if you make any money off an illegal scam, the Feds can and will find you. Maybe not today. Maybe not next week. People who made money on 12DP over a year ago are being scrutinized right now or will be in the next 180 days as the next report is prepared.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are lots of ways to make money.
- Inherit it
- Win it
- Marry it
- Earn it legally
- Earn it illegally

A lot of the stuff online falls into the "earn it illegally" category. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Never has been. Never will be. Before you join anything because someone on your "friend's list" recommended it - do your homework. If it turns out to be illegal, you will be glad you didn't jump in head first.

There are many people who have some very uncomfortable days coming up. I would not want to be in their shoes. When people fail to learn from history, history has a way of repeating itself. Lecture over.

Linda

P.S. For anyone that lost money on 12DP, you may or may not be able to get some of your money back. They don't know yet -  it will depend on how much of the "ill gotten gains" they get back.  More info here;
http://www.tlennonfor12dailypro.com/index.html
http://www.tlennonfor12dailypro.com/media/12DP_FirstInterimReport.pdf

P.P.S. If you don't know what 12DP is, it was an illegal ponzi masquerating as a pay to surf "make money online" program. Just search "12 daily pro" on my forum or at Google and you'll find out tons more. Or just ask. Better to inform yourself than find yourself on the wrong side of the law because you fell for a 'biz-op" sales pitch and didn't have enough information to make a sound decision.

+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: 12DP Sept 1 Report from the Receiver. Please read. (Newbies Especially)
9/19/2006 10:24:31 PM

Hi Linda,

Wow!!  I did not realize the ramifications for some people in 12Daily Pro. I hope there aren't community members that could get in trouble.

Thanks for this article, Linda.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2006 10:33:44 PM
Hi Linda, It's good to see you back! I hope your move went well. You are most correct about the scammy, questionable and downright dirt "bizzops" still being flogged across Adlandpro and the rest of the internet. It seems many will never learn. There are STILL Adlandpro members promoting paid autosurf and hyips! Another scam I see being advertised by some high profile members who probably do not realize it they are scams are money making systems that sell (usually for a premium) an opportunity to make money selling their system. No product, no recurring sales, no money in your wallet... I'm glad you're still here sounding the alarm and warning everyone about the dangers of not doing due diligence. God bless, Dave
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2006 10:48:00 PM
hello Linda...well thank you for the update...I do not have anything to worry about ...I lost big time  ....Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2006 11:09:38 PM
Thanks Linda,
How soon we forget! Its amazing that people do things that will potentialy hurt someone who is earnestly trying to find a way to make a few dollars only to get taken advantage of by someone who puts themselves forth as a "friend".
I have personally called some people to ask about their experience with a specific company, and its really unbelievable that they will shout the praises of a company that that obivously can't fulfill their promises and they stand behind the company with no proof to offer what-so-ever; they just want to get theirs.
We need to look out for each other-that's the point of joining a community.
Good looking out-you qualify as a friend.
A big hug for you.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!