Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 6 - Creation
9/19/2006 3:20:07 PM
Katherine, my apologies. I called you Linda. I wish they would show names instead of numbers when posting a response!
+0
9/19/2006 3:47:44 PM
Greetings Brother

Very good!  A big amen, to all you said. 

I notice you said, "but remember we are assuming information coming from the Bible, the creation theory"

When I first read that 'assume' I took it wrong.   We so often think we know the meaning of a word, right.   I was once told that when you assume something you make an ass-u-me  [Sorry if some were offended with that statement].  But it always make me feel like the work assume was something that was not sure.

The Word of God is sure!! 

I believe the Word of God to be true.   I believe God DID create the world in 6 days.  After all how long does it say, let there be light.  LOL   God is God! 
As soon as we start to judge for ourselves what scripture is true and what scripture is not true, then we walk on dangerous ground of judging God - after all isn't His Word, Himself. 

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I have heard theologeons say that there was life before Genesis 1:2
It is referred to as a gap theory.  That between verse one and verse 2 Satan was cast out of heaven. Earth was made chaos, end of earth's first perfect state and first sinful career because of Lucifer's rebellion.  Overthrow of the world that then was.  2 Peter 3:5-8; Jer 4:23-26.  Thus the explanation to why some fossels date back more than 6000.    Verse 2 then markes the re-creation, earths second perfect state and second habitation.  The seven days: 1 day and night restored.
I am not sure what I think of that.  I find it errelavant - actually.   Like how is that information going to make me a better person;  how is it going to help me to become all that Christ wants me to be;  how is that information going to make the world a better place?  Wow!  I almost talked myself into deleting that.  :)

Keep up the good work brother

Under His Wings
Linda

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2006 4:23:58 PM

Linda, the reason I used the word assume, is because there are other beliefs out there. I believe 100 percent of what the Bible says because I have chosen to do so. An evolutionist on the other hand believes 100 percent in the evolution theory. I chose the creation theory simply because I would rather believe that I was created in the Image of God rather than evolving from some form of algea into a baboon etc.

When you look at Gen. 1:1 it says "In the beginning God"... This means to me that God is Omni Present. He has been, He is, and He will be forevermore. When you compare it to John 1:1, it basically says the same thing. Look at the two different time frames those scriptures were written. As far as I know, the men (Moses and John) never saw one another's work. John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." It even goes on to say in verse 2 that "The same was in the beginning with God. Verse 3 goes on to say "All things were made by Him; and without Him was NOT anything made that was made." (KJV)

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2006 4:28:20 PM
Linda, thanks for not deleting that!!!!
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/20/2006 8:02:04 PM

Hi,

I think I'm with Katherine on this one.

It doesn't feel contadictory and adds to my sense of awe and my tiny

importance in the scheme of things as dictated by his ultimate aims.

Roger 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!