Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: You Don't Have The Right To Be In Business ...
9/13/2006 9:57:27 AM
Hello Anneshirley, This is known as the lure. All businesses use it on and off the internet. Let's use a department store for the example. They lure their customers via a sales flyer. Mailed or in the newspaper. They offer buy one get one free and all kinds of other offers. This gets you into the store and they know that you will see something else that you want or need and it's not on sale. So they did their job to get you there and to upsell you while you were there. Same happens on the internet. This is useful for less known sites but scammers have taken advantage of the same tactics. So, it comes down to people doing their due dilegence in checking a company before joining them. Never expect to get something for nothing. The greatest marketing of any products were the one's that included something 'extra'. Cracker Jacks - candy coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize. The prize was the sales pusher. Have a great day. Kenneth
+0
Herb Gruenewald

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/13/2006 10:24:32 AM

Hi Ken,

Great forum! I was there when it was easy to sell a few years back and doing well. But like you say, it's not easy any more with everyone jumping on the "Band Wagon". It take a lot more effort and cunning today to sort out the "Bad Guys".

Thanks  for the Inviite,
Herb G

+0
9/13/2006 10:27:09 AM
Hello Amanda, Thanks for sharing your experiences. You bring up a decent company, Bravenet, for the tools they offer for free. This is their lure and they get upgrade customers from it. What some people don't realize is they can get the same tools when they get a hosting account, but with only their own site name. Your email going to your site name as well. Let's use wwvv.shaver.conn . Your email could be Amanda @ shaver.conn, admin @ shaver.conn, support @ shaver.conn, newsletter @ shaver.conn, etc ... All hosts today offer some very detailed stats, many scripts to create a full business and you have only one place to go to impliment all of this. No chasing logins at this site and that site to get these tools. So here are freebies that costs time. But, back to 'not lift a finger' programs. The only one that really stands a chance to earn is the creator. Thanks, again, for sharing. Kenneth
+0
9/13/2006 10:37:08 AM
Hi Herb, Thanks for validating what I said earlier. Real businesses can still make great money online. Today, it's known as 'niche' business. Have a great day my friend. Kenneth
+0
Tanya V.

683 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/13/2006 11:52:10 AM

Hi Kenneth,

With the onslaught of all the get rich quick and get rich without having to anything messages, it's good to have someone remind all that there is work involved in gaining riches.

I am still relatively new to affiliate marketing, and I know it takes work.  If you don't have visitors coming to your page, you won't have any income, and the time spent setting up that page is wasted.  It takes diligent steady work.

Any messages that I receive making the claims you've mentioned get deleted immediately.

Have a wonderful day!  :)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!