Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SPAM Calls - What to do - US Only - International Friends Please Post International Solutions
9/11/2006 1:20:44 PM

Hello David,

Thank you for the info. Great to see such good people looking out for each other.

Your Friend and Team mate,

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: SPAM Calls - What to do - US Only - International Friends Please Post International Solutions
9/14/2006 11:13:40 PM
Hi, all. As a real estate professional, I've had quite a bit of information from both sides of this question. Here are a few odds and ends that may be helpful. First, there are some industries and companies that are allowed to call you even if you are on the Do Not Call List. They include charities, political organizations, survey-takers and anyone with whom you have done business or made an inquiry in the past 90 days. Large companies who have a Do Not Call policy are only required to update their database from the national list every 90 days, so be patient about getting calls right after you register. The company could still be in compliance. Best way to handle it is to say "Please put this number on your Do Not Call list." They are required to do so. Asking them to take your number OFF their list doesn't have the same effect. If you are serious about going after people who bother you, keep a record of who, when and what company you have instructed to put you on their DNC list. File a complaint if all else fails, but do understand that the federal government passed this law without giving it any teeth. Although there are stated penalties that are fairly stiff, it is left up to the states to enforce it, and most of the states don't have the funds to prosecute. I would personally make my complaints to supervisory staff of the company. If they are large enough to be a good target for over-stretched state agencies, they'll fix the problem. Finally, remember to re-register every five years. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!