Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Men are wise in proportion not to their experience...
5/29/2005 5:09:07 PM
"Men are wise in proportion not to their experience, but to their capacity for experience." – George Bernard Shaw, Playwright
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Thea Westra

235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Men are wise in proportion not to their experience...
5/29/2005 6:46:33 PM
Very right Bogdan. "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence." ~ Robert Frost ~ Love from Thea :)
+0
5/30/2005 8:25:53 AM
I agree with George. If by experience he means the continuous repeition of a process I venture to say that repetition of a process (in itself) does not make for the comprehension of that process. In effect,repetition of the process could become a mechanical exercise. The capacity for experience then is the ability of men to comprhend the process. Rudolph
+0
Amalia Sotiriadou

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/30/2005 8:54:36 AM
Hmmm... considering that I have an 8 year old niece that is FAR wiser than her 43 year old mother, I'll have to agree with this one wholeheartedly. In a supervisory course I attended too many years ago to mention, a question was asked... "Is 11 years experience better than 1 year's experience?" All those who answered "yes" failed. The reason? 11 years of experience could mean 1 year of bad experience repeated 11 times. Amalia
Respect is not given - it is EARNED All the FREE stuff you need for your computer and a lot more! http://www.computerbom.net
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!