Menu

Promote
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Have you seen this anywhere else?
8/27/2006 1:15:57 AM
Hi Kathleen, Your Poor Son! OUCH! Yea, before I knew about chicken in Fruita, I had no clue they (well, at least one) could live for that long with NO head. I sure wish I could remember how long it was. (I guess I best look it up some time.) As far as "Quotes" the trouble with many of them is they are only true some of the time. And sadly, some people who do not know any better, tend to take them as truth. Like: "You can do anything you want to" IT REALLY SOUNDS GOOD, only, it is NOT true, A person built like a linebacker (me) is NEVER going to be a completive long distance runner. While some people are NATURAL singers, artists and other things, MOST of us and are not and no matter how hard we strive, we will never gain the level of competence those born with those talents reach. The poor people who actually believe the false premise "We can do anything we want to." and who can not, no matter how hard they try to reach the level they think they should, reach that level, blame themselves thinking they did not want it bad enough. When the real reason was whatever they wanted to accomplish was really beyond their capabilities. I have no doubt the false belief that: "We can do anything we want to." has resulted in some people committing suicide. The Truth is: "We can do anything we want to do AS LONG AS it is WITHING our capabilities to do it AND that NO outside force prevents us from doing it." Then the problem is, most of us do not push ourselves to the limit of our capabilities and thus never reach our full potential in that, or any other area. Please, Take Care! Neil
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
New Reply
+0
Paula Gaon

72 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/27/2006 11:53:27 AM
Neil so wisely wrote: "The Truth is: "We can do anything we want to do AS LONG AS it is WITHING our capabilities to do it AND that NO outside force prevents us from doing it." Then the problem is, most of us do not push ourselves to the limit of our capabilities and thus never reach our full potential in that, or any other area." Neil, this is wonderful! I've wished all my life that people would realize this. The fact that everyone can't do everything really hit home when well meaning friends wanted to push me to be an elementary teacher--it's hard to be a school teacher when one wretches--literally at the noise and fidgeting of a classroom full of kids. This is one of the beauties of living in the East, an older culture that just accepts that each of us is made up of certain raw materials. I loved it when the principal of the school simply hunched her shoulders and told the well-meaning supervisor, a PhD of course, "She's not built for this!" Is that something like, "You can't fool Mother Nature?" Whatever, Success and Health to all, ~Paula
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"~Albert Einstein -- Paula Gaon:BoomSpress Marketing&Design: http://www.boomspress.com BoomSpress Catalog Unique Apparel & Gifts http://www.boomspress.com/catalog/holidays.html
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/27/2006 12:25:06 PM

Neil,

My son always seemed to enjoy getting dirty and playing with bugs (and getting hurt more than the other kids...he probably didn't enjoy that part.)  He's older now so I have to remind him every day that he's not invincible.

As far as being able to do anything we want, before we got married my husband said he would drive me wherever I wanted to go...then later it changed to "as long as you tell me awhile ahead of time and it's not real far away"  now it's "I don't wanna drive there, why don't you go yourself or ask your sister?"

I've got a statement for beautiful women and handsome men, no matter how goodlooking someone thinks they are, they will eventually meet someone who doesn't want to be with them just because they don't like blond women or tall men or whatever, that's a disappointment sometimes but it happens.

New Reply
+0
8/27/2006 2:05:32 PM

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for recommending the "Quote of the Day"  WEB site.  I never checked before, but now did and I am sure, will go back in the future too.  It is interesting and funny.  Also, I read everybodys comments here and had lots of fun.

Ildiko "There is no mistake so great as the mistake of not going on."...W.Blake Create streams of residual income: Seamless VOIP for mobile phones worldwide: http://BizBuzz.ws/BestDealin06
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/27/2006 2:12:37 PM
When I found it last week "Quote of the Day" had LOTS of pages going back to the beginning of 2005.  I think Bogdan just cleaned it out a couple days ago, now there are only 7 pages going back for the past few months.  I hope it wasn't because I replied to an old post quoting Donald Trump, and I said I'd like to sell him my coleslaw recipe to serve in all his hotels.  Seriously.
New Reply
+0