Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beth Schmillen

134 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
This really touched me --it's about the Price of Freedom
8/21/2006 3:32:55 AM
“We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America... solemnly publish and declare that these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States... And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.” — Excerpt from the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776 The writers of the Declaration of Independence were willing to give their lives to a radical new ideology – freedom. The United States has lost many soldiers and patriots in the 230 years since. Young men and women from across the country have pledged, and in many cases given their lives in the defense of this ideal. It is with great sorrow that Vemma reports another loss, this one close to home: Marine Staff Sgt. Raymond J. Plouhar, a Michigan native whose wife, Leigha, and two children now reside in Scottsdale, Arizona, Vemma’s home base. SSgt. Plouhar died on June 26 from wounds received while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, California. SSgt. Plouhar and his wife became Vemma Members in February, 2006. He was taking Vemma in Iraq, and he gave his wife his blessings on buying a 10 pack and working the business. When it came to the Corps, "He loved doing what he did," said Leigha, in an interview with the Arizona Republic. "He was very proud to be a Marine and would do anything for the Marine Corps." "He liked to protect the underdog," added his father, Raymond. "All of his buddies from school called saying, 'He was my friend when nobody else would be.'" Upon entering the Marine Corps, SSgt. Plouhar would have stated these words of the military oath: "That I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter." By all accounts, SSgt. Plouhar did exactly that. SSgt. Plouhar leaves behind two children, ages five and nine. A PayPal account has been set up as a scholarship fund for both. Donations can be made via PayPal using the e-mail address raymondmemorial@yahoo.com. Additionally, condolences can also be sent to this e-mail address. Cards can be sent to: The Plouhar Family, c/o Vemma, 8322 East Hartford Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85255. We will be sure the family receives them. Vemma extends sincere condolences to SSgt. Plouhar’s family and friends, and asks all Vemma members to remember the Plouhar family in your prayers. As you celebrate Independence Day, take time to remember and honor the lives of those who sacrifice all to protect our country. The Founding Fathers pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor; SSgt. Plouhar gave two of these in service to this country. His honor cannot be taken, and will not be forgotten. We are grateful for his service to this country. Sincerely, BK Boreyko President & CEO Vemma® ©2005-2006 Vemma® Nutrition Company
+0
Beth Schmillen

134 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: This really touched me --it's about the Price of Freedom
8/21/2006 4:19:34 AM
How could I not be touched by this? This email went unread for nearly 2 months. No matter how one feels about the intervention by the US into Iraq -- I know I was opposed to it -- there are so many brave woman and men that I do admire. I have a grandson, Koby, and his father Brian was in Iraq. Fortunately , Brian got to come home. He'll never be the same...or at least not for some time... because what he saw and experienced was what our President wouldn't want us to know about. I really don't think a political discussion is what I mean to write...but when I first joined Vemma -- and he's still my upline guy -- Michel Vinet was in Iraq. That just amazed (shocked & awed) me. I worked so hard. Here's this young family in the military doing so much (having been a Navy wife, oh, so long ago during vietnam ) I know what that life is like... and I really didn't want to let them down. But, I knew nothing about online marketing... except to buy leads which I really couldn't afford. I really wanted the whole army to be able to drink Vemma !! Needless to say, I am saddened by the news of the death of another of our fine young sons -- because aren't they all of our sons and daughters? I once traveled to the middle east. I met many Muslims, Jews, christians in Israel and Palestine -- They are also sons and daughters. I recall the children orphand on streets (more than 30 years ago!)in far away places and wonder if their children are safe. I keep them in my heart and mind as though they are my own. A man in Lebanon who was welcoming his wife after she and their newborn daughter was found safe and they reunited outside of the country... said with tears in his eyes... I hope this is the last war. <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>>
+0
Bob
Bob Sims

144 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/21/2006 9:47:18 AM

Beth;

Bless you so much for this message.

I know the hurt and the pride as I myself was a Marine and served in Vietnam. This is what I have come to believe concerning "Fallen Friends".

Revelation 12:11  "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb,and by the word of their testimony;and they loved not their lives unto death."

In the Old Testament the book of Esther is also a good reference concerning this....She had to do what had to be done.
Refer to Esther 4:16

Hope you understand what I am trying to relay here as it took me some time to come to terms with it myself.

Semper Fi

Visit www.topbizops.com/sims for all the products,services,and software that business owners want and need.
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2006 10:07:14 AM
This is the Price of Freedom. Very sad for the families! I come from military family, my mother was a widow with 6 kids to raise on her own... With movies coming out about 9/11 Twin Towers and Flight 93, the history channel is flooded with information, going back to 1979 beginning of terrorist attacks on our soil.... I am sorry for the sacrifices of our young families! Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!