Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sign the Petition to preserve the Free and Open Internet.
8/8/2006 10:43:19 PM

Sign the Petition to preserve the Free and Open Internet.

When you fill out the information and push submit, they will automatically send it to your Members of Congress.

April 28, 2006

The fight for internet freedom.

Yesterday afternoon, a House committee caved to the narrow interests of telecom companies and voted to strip Net Neutrality from a bill moving through Congress.

Sign the Petition -- Don't Let Congress Ruin the Internet

Right now Congress is pushing a law that would abandon the First Amendment of the Internet -- a principle called "network neutrality" that preserves the free and open Internet. Congress needs to hear from you today or they will hand over control of what you do online to companies like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast.

Politicians are trading favors for campaign donations from these companies. They're being wooed by people like AT&T's CEO, who says "the Internet can't be free." Sign this petition to tell your elected representatives to protect Internet freedom now. When you fill out the information and push submit, we will automatically send it to your Members of Congress.

OR

Call your members of Congress to let them know that no bill should become law without meaningful protections for Network Neutrality:

If you are in Utah, these are your congressmen: (Could others please post their US congressmen phone numbers and/or a place where they can be found easily?)

Sen. Orrin Hatch: (202) 224-5251

Sen. Robert Bennett: (202) 224-5444

Rep. Jim Matheson: (202) 225-3011

Congress needs to hear from you right away. Please call and send a letter to your elected representatives. And don't forget to spread the word to your friends, colleagues and family:

Stop Congress from Selling Out the Internet

David

DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Sign the Petition to preserve the Free and Open Internet.
8/9/2006 12:58:59 AM

Hi David!

Already done it my friend.  This is such an important issue! 

Everyone here @ AdLand needs to do their part!

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2006 5:36:13 AM
Hi David,

I dont think my signature will be any use as I live in Europe, but I earnestly hope that this petition helps towards stopping this intrusion of freedom on the Internet - interventionist and anti democratic.  What on earth is happening to your Country?!!

Sincerely,

Jenny
+0
Dave Fergusson

60 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/9/2006 6:03:26 AM

Congratulations on your POTW award David.  As I live in Australia my signature would also be wasted, but I do see the need for Americans to band together to overcome this move.  This whole powermove reminds me of CODEX & the pharma companies ridiculous intentions of preventing folks from even growing their own alternative medicines.   I hope it fizzles out in a similiar fashion.

Downunder Dave

HEALTH IS WEALTH! Our motto! Without true health, motivation & potential to gain wealth is hindered. In this disabled state we do not have the capacity & energy to reach our goals & realise our dreams. Drinking Mangosteen juice can open those doors!
+0
8/9/2006 6:50:38 AM

Dear David

I live in NZ, and can not sign your petition but, I completely support your petition spiritually.

Warm Regards Elizabeth G 

EA Gough
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!