Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Dracula's Castle - BRAN
7/14/2006 11:15:07 AM
 Built on top of a rock in the pass between the Bucegi and the Piatra Craiului Mountains, the fortress was used to protect Brasov against Turks and later served as a customs house.  The castle has four towers. The oldest tower, Powder House Tower, houses the Cannon's Gallery and the Gunner's Room. During the 15th century, the Observation Tower and Eastern Tower were added. In 1622 the Gate Tower was added, a Polish attic was attached and the south curtain wall was tickened up to 3,5m (11ft.) thick. More renovations took place in 1723 and in 1883.

Bran Castle,

well known as Dracula's Castle

Legendary name, royal name, name which guide you to the beautiful medieval castles from Romania. Words like: Legend, King, beautiful should be enough for attracting visitors, to incite the interest of Legend lovers, lovers of the beauties and, why not, kings and queens stories lovers…

At Bran Castle you will find all of these.

Bran Castle - inside patio

At time when Castles of Loire Valley hardly started to rise, at times when Alcaz Castle from Toledo, the biggest city in Spain, almost was finished, in 1377, the king Ludovic I de Anjou, began the construction of Bran Castles, to fortify the one of the kingdom gates against ottoman danger.

In 1382 The castle already was finished.

Ten years late, the castle has belonged to the voivode of Romanian country, Mircea cel Batran. After his death, the castle has belonged to princes of Transylvania.
Vlad Tepes, well-known as Dracula (The Devil),

made this castle his residence.

Bran Castle was used by Dracula Voivode as fortified citadel on the fight with ottomans.

Under its walls were hard fights againsts ottomans, which were defended.

The castle was a princely prison, too.
At the end of XIX century, the castle was abandonment. In 1920 the castle was lived by Royal Family of Romania, which made some changes.

Count Draculas Castle

Nowadays, the castle is a splendid Museum of Medieval Art. The visitor is impressed by massiveness of building.

Because this is a place that would need some more time to visit than just a few lines and two or three pics, I decided to come back for a "walk" around and inside the castel, with more datas about its history.

Let me be your touristic guide for this Sommer!
With friendship,
Anamaria

+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Dracula's Castle - BRAN
7/14/2006 11:48:46 AM

Hi AnaMaria,

This is great stuff!!! And I really like the pitures, it makes it all so real.

I am looking forward to the walk around.

You can be my guide anytime!!

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/14/2006 1:20:20 PM
Hello Deborah!

I was almost redy with the first part and it wanished when I clicked the post button!
Now I have to take it all over!
See you there soon! I hope!? ;-)

YOur guide,
Anamaria
+0
James Max

711 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/14/2006 5:26:55 PM

Hey  Lady With The Bites!

Love This Stuff - It's so good to see the pictures instead of jsut words.

With Love From Vegas,

max

Free Monetize Adsense Niche Blogs For Affiliate Marketing - http://www.goodnewsforall.com/PLR/AutoIncomeBlog/
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/14/2006 5:47:54 PM
Hello Max,
I was wishing for this since a long time.
Looks I was a good girl, since my wish came true.

Now my posts will be better!

I'm happy; and I hope you would love them more too.
Wish you a wonderful weekend,
Anamaria
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!