Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Dilbeck

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Designing a Page That Compliments Your Content Pt.2 - Artwork
9/3/2006 12:55:46 AM
Hi Kenneth, I agree mostly. For some of my sites (not blogs), I use a simple text logo, such as at http://21stCenturyArticles.com , and I think it helps folks remember it a bit better. For most of my blogs, I don't use a logo at all, but I try to have a title and subhead on them. I could probably do much better, however. When I tried to think of a couple of quick examples of blogs I read regularly, the only two that came readily to mind were CopyBlogger and ProBlogger and I remember them because the names so aptly describes what they are all about. Another consideration: some of us are visually oriented and others are not so much. Some learn better by hearing, some by seeing, some by reading. I can't remember anything I hear and not a lot of what I see, so audio and video are not good ways for me to learn. I remember most of what I read, sometimes for decades, so it's the words upon which I concentrate. Others, who are more visually attuned, would certainly remember a logo, photo, or other graphic much better than I. So, your point is right on the money regarding them, and they are probably in the great majority. I probably write for myself with the intention of attracting similar people, and that may not be the best strategy since I can be such a grouchy old geezer at times. ;^) I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and I don't really disagree with you. Just throwing out another viewpoint, I guess. All the best, JD
+0
9/5/2006 10:00:43 AM
And great viewpoints they are JD. Thanks for contributing. Kenneth
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2006 3:01:30 PM
i have a question. do you think that the kind of people that you are trying to interest in your blog has a big part in the way it should be put together? my blogs are all very diferrent. i am trying to make them all get to the right groups of readers.
+0
9/6/2006 2:38:13 AM
Hello Nan, You ask a great question. Maybe this might help everyone understand. The kind of people you are tring to reach will be by the catagory and topics you write about. Let's point out your Tax Blog for example. Catagories that can be tagged to are: Money Finance Banking Savings Investments Investors Business Finance Accounting Accountants Taxes IRS Revenue and on and on ... People will use services like Technorati, De.lic.io.us, Blog.ger and others to look for blogs within the catagories. The title you use on your posts will determine if someone will read your post or not. Here is a comparison to try to answer to yourself. You write an article on tax deductions for home office expenses. Let's try a few titles and see what interests you. * Tax deductions for home office expenses. * Ways to get more money back from Uncle Sam with your home office. * Get the IRS to pay you for running a home-based business. * The tax laws you need to know running a home-based business. Which one did you pick? For most readers they would pick the third one. Why? it states they can get PAID! The choice of words that sell work with blog writing as well. There's a cute little rhyme. 'The choice of words that sell work with blog writing as well.' I 'll need to use that in my next sales pitch. Hehehehe. For you want readers to be interested as well as be the topic they are looking for. You may also want to look at technorati's tagging. These are keywords (tags) that you place at the end of your article for better search terms. Like a fine tuning system that helps get you listed in other places where the catagory doesn't quite cover. I hope this helps everyone. Kenneth
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/6/2006 8:36:29 PM
hi,
that was great. now can you explore this a little more.

You may also want to look at technorati's tagging. These are keywords (tags) that you place at the end of your article for better search terms. Like a fine tuning system that helps get you listed in other places where the catagory doesn't quite cover.

i have had problems, and i'm sure others have also.
thank you,
nan
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!