Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re :Aaarghhh. I hate this crazy WYSIWYG editor.
7/8/2006 5:14:50 PM

Hi, Bogdan,

I also thank you for dropping in to answer questions.

I knew that only the forum owner was able to edit before, so I wasn't expecting that.  But truly, what gets posted looks nothing like what's in my editor, chiefly because of the spacing differences. The line length wraps differently, too. 

So I feel a little insecure, because I'm picky about what I post and how it looks most of the time.  Everything else about it, I like. 

I think we're all a bit resistant to change, but overall, I'd say the recent ones have been very positive once we get to know them.

I still don't see a button about html anywhere. Unless it's the one by the smiley button that looks like binary code.

Cheri

+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/8/2006 5:50:17 PM
I guess I haven't been on long enough to view what youare seeing, I believe you though. We all LOVE you too Linda :)
+0
7/8/2006 9:29:53 PM
I am with you Wayne, FireFox is far more valueable to me than a slightly buggy new interface. David
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/8/2006 10:42:04 PM

Hi Linda,

I've been trying to get her all day! lol
I finally made it.

The editor, I agree is a pain in the a$$. (With no value of course)
well, maybe there is some. It's just another "learning curve" for us all. The biggest problem I see, as Cheri stated, is the fact that we cannot preview our posts. I have used editors before that you could. So possibly this will be worked out.

As far as the "spaces between paragraphs". If you hold down you shift at the same time you hit enter you shouldn't have a space at all. Will <br>.
If you hit enter without holding the shift key then you'll have 1 full paragraph space.

Twice will give you the "extra" space between.

Now, let's go see what happens

Trial and Error prevails!
Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/9/2006 7:44:12 PM
Hi Linda We seem to have two forums running on this one - so I'll repeat - I miss the preview button because I keep sending speling mistkes. What is the poll button for when that's at home!! What is a poll in this context? I'll go with David on this one - love the popups - they are a positive change - and I'm not so happy with the posting changes as it makes it more complicated instead of simpler to post a reply- Like Linda, I'd prefer a bit more speed, than too many new "gadgets". It's the SPEED that keeps you on line - too slow - switch on to something less frustrating. If I had dial up, I wouldn't be able to consider Adland - I prefer to ration my "adland time" for reading forums and networking and not waiting for pages to charge.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!