Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Fibromyalgia Syndrome
7/3/2006 9:49:22 PM
This is an excellent link: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/fibromyalgia/article_em.htm Limiting stressors, both psychological and physiological absolutely helps. I warn everyone after 25 years as a nurse with 3 hours short for a secondary degree in nutrition to BE WARY of proposed "miracle ures", MOST of which just happen to be MLMS.... Linda/CMAS, BS, RN BizNurse@satx.rr.com
+0
7/3/2006 9:57:17 PM
Thanks for the Invite Donna and thanks for putting this Forum up. I've studied a lot about FM and have known people with it very severe. I stand undiagnosed for many years. I have had at least 9 Doctors and Chiropractors tell me I have FM but I refuse to listen. I just recently started to listen as the pain has gotten much worse in the last months. I take a tricyclic regularly for spine damage as well as a muscle-relaxant/anti-spasmotic. I hope to soon have money to try mangosteen juice and high dose ogliomeric-proanthacynadins. My prayers are with those who have FM and deal with it daily. Thanks again Donna Be Blessed Bro. Jim Moore
+0
Sam
Sam Spoo

105 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/3/2006 10:02:04 PM
Linda, Thanks for your support and direction for those that suffer from this disease. It's great to see someone so sincere doing what they know is right! Regards and good fortune, Sam
Regards and good fortune, Sam Sam Spoo http://www.free-advertisement.com
+0
7/3/2006 10:27:49 PM
Hi Donna, I have only known one person, personally who has fibromyalgia. It's not fun at all. I keep hearing about it more and more though. I agree with Linda about the toxins in the home. There are so many chemicals we inhale, get skin contact with etc. in our homes and these all contribute to conditions such as fibromyalgia, ADHD, Cancer and I have even heard autism. For people who have fibromyalgia, I highly recommend they look further into how they can reduce the toxins in their home. It might help and it can't hurt! Thanks for putting up this post. Alana
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/3/2006 10:34:34 PM
Hi Donna, Fibromyaligia Syndrome is thought to be an autoimmune system malfunction, related to arthritis and lupus. At this time, there is no known cause or cure, although there are many treatments and theories. Treatments and successes vary greatly from person to person. What works for one person may not work at all for another. What I have seen in several friends who have suffered seriously from the syndrome for many years, is that it seems to be able to be controlled to a large extent by diet. Several products that I know of that friends with fybromyalgia have used with great success are Noni Tea, Noni Juice, and Goji Juice. The most effective seemed to be the Goji Juice, but the least expensive was Noni Juice that can be bought at Costco. According to test results I've read online, the Costco Noni Juice is a very good quality juice. Goji Juice, which I drink every day, can be bought online (I prefer that juice), at good health food stores, and in some grocery stores. You can also buy the dried berries in many health food and some grocery stores, which gives you the added benefit of the essential fatty acids contained in the seeds. One thing that is very important is to go slow. When you have any chronic condition, such as FS, start out slowly with any new food, drink, supplement, etc, that you try. Have a health professional monitor your condition as you go along, and only increase the amount you use as your body becomes used to it with no adverse effects. Never allow yourself be talked into taking large amounts of any miracle foods. Many of the products being advertised, especially by MLM companies, are, indeed, very high in the nutrients they claim, but the fact is that the body can only absorb so much at one time, and what works for one person may not work at all for another. It depends entirely on what your unique body needs. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!