Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome To The 50th Edition Of The Person Of The Week Forum!!!
7/2/2006 11:44:29 AM
50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH! 50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH! Special Announcement! LaNell and I will be coming out soon with a special forum commemorating the 50 weeks of POTW award. We are inviting everyone to attend especially the past POTW’s because we would like them to bring us up to date on what they have been doing since they won the award and to tell us what it meant to them to win the Person of the Week award. We are also going to select one of our favorite posts from each forum to post at the Special Edition. We also invite all members to please come to the forum to tell us who their favorite POTW’s were and why. Please keep an eye out for the forum, thanks! Folks! Have you seen our new Newsletter created by AdlandPro members?! Check it out! http://www.bizzyblogz.com/AdlandsCommunityBulletin/ 50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH! Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and LaNell! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. 50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH! How fitting that on this special edition of POTW (50th Edition) we are featuring a special member of our wonderful community, her name is Shannon Bolin. Shannon has had to overcome some adversity in her life and she has come out of it as a winner. We are proud of her recent successes and we appreciate her contributions to our community. Shannon is also a talented singer who loves to entertain her friends while they are brainstorming on projects. Shannon, we love you and we want to say congratulations on winning the Person of Week award! 50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH! Here’s Shannon’s Bio: I would like to first thank John and LaNell for all of the hard work they do every week to make this forum and others like it possible. I would also like to thank everyone who voted for me. I have some wonderful friends here at Adland Pro! I was born on September 12, 1968 in Howell, Michigan. My family moved north when I was 4, and if you hold your left hand up palm-out, I grew up right about at the first knuckle down from the top of your middle finger, lol! We were very poor growing up, but us kids didn’t know it. We had fun in the woods surrounding our 3 ½ acres—swinging from our huge maple tree, picnicking, etc. in the summer, building snow forts and snow sculptures in the winter. My parents divorced when I was 10, and both remarried when I was 11. My 2 brothers, my sister and I were awarded to my father at the custody hearing. The next few years were full of mental torture and abuse at the hands of my stepmother and my father. Yes, sometimes it was physical abuse. I remember praying every night that God would make me a better person so I wouldn’t get in trouble so much. All through high school I wasn’t allowed to date, go to school functions, rarely got to go to friends’ houses or have them over, and spent much of my time grounded to my room or working around the house and yard. I was still being sent outside to play at 18 and had no drivers license or job. At 18, I finally moved in with my mother and was able to get to know her better—she was NOT the monster my dad and stepmother had portrayed her as. In fact, she had wanted custody of us, but my dad had threatened to kill her if she tried. Considering the fact that he had been beating her and could be cold, calculating and cruel, she believed him and let him have us. My mother did much to help me regain my self-esteem at this time, and throughout the years. She is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Less than a year after I moved out, I married my first husband. We were married for 7 ½ years before I finally had enough and filed for divorce. We had 2 beautiful children, now teenagers, so I can’t say that I regret that marriage—only that we could not overcome our difficulties and reconcile them. After my divorce, I began a downward spiral into the depths of low self-esteem and depression. I began partying, dating alcoholics primarily, and just generally cut loose like I had never been able to before. I believe this was my way to experience “high school”, since I did not have a normal teen life before, and I also believe it was my way at getting back at my dad and everything he stood for. At some point, I finally realized what I was doing to myself and my family, and began cleaning up my life. I quit going to bars, rarely even had a drink, and then met my husband, Barry. For once in my life, I have someone who is secure and normal, not abusive and petty. It is wonderful, but it took me time to get used to it—I didn’t realize how bad my relationships had been until we started going together! We have been married now for 3 years, and the only thing that could make me happier would be if he could quit driving for a living and come home—he is an over-the-road truck driver and is gone for weeks at a time. I joined Adland Pro in September of 2004, but didn’t realize what all it had to offer. About a year or so ago, I discovered the forums, and since December especially, I have been much more active in them. I have about 800 friends now and am a Top 25 poster. In February of this year, I joined WOSAT—Wings of Success Advisory Team. I didn’t know what to expect at first, I just liked the idea of Adlanders joining together to form a company. Well, since I joined, I have helped build this company. I have the distinction of being the first “outsider” or Wings Member to be voted in as a founding member. I now am the Executive Director of Research and Development, and am a Board Member. And this week, I will be assisting our President, Dr. David King, in his move to Oklahoma City to help set up our main office. I hope to move there and join him and his family shortly after. So, it is a very exciting time for me! I never would have dreamed that, after only 2 years of trying to make a living online, I would have come so far. I have so many Adland friends to thank for that—Larry Anderson, Dr. David, and so many more that help make me think, make me smile, and make me a better marketer and person. Thank you all for reading and helping me enjoy this week as POTW. Let’s all celebrate! Sincerely, Shannon Bolin, Executive Director WOSAT Distribution http://www.wingsofsuccessadvisoryteam.com http://dipetane.net 50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH!*50TH! Well Folks, as you can see for yourself Shannon is quite a talented lady and an asset to us here at AdlandPro and WOSAT. It has really been a pleasure to work with her. Please take the time to invite her to be your friend if she isn’t on your friends list already. Now Folks please show her how much we appreciate her. Shannon, have a great week as our Queen of Adland, you have earned it. Love and blessings to all of you from, John Sanchez and LaNell o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o John Sanchez My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador WOSAT-Looking for a few committed individuals. If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Welcome To The 50th Edition Of The Person Of The Week Forum!!!
7/2/2006 11:52:14 AM
I'm usually the last to post .... looks like I got here first today!!! Amazing!!! hehehehehe *********Congratulations******** Shannon ... I really enjoyed reading your bio ... good on you!!! Enjoy the week ... Best wishes Venerina
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/2/2006 11:58:03 AM
Hello John, 4 more and you celebrate ONE YEAR of launching this Forum, which became a fenomenom! Congrats for this, and for the way you manage to give life to this project week after week. Shannon Congrats for getting this POW award. You very much deserve this because you're doing so much for us, here and with WOSAT too! It was such a pleasure to get a glimps of your life so far, and to find out some more about you. Enjoy your week of fame! Tho, I think this award is just The Crown for your recognition, because you are famous for your kindness and helpfulness!(hope this is the right word for what I meen! :-) With lots of friendship, Anamaria
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/2/2006 12:02:39 PM
o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o Hello Everyone! :-) We are featuring a special forum on 50th POTW Edition! o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o Hello Everyone! ;-) Congratulations Shannon! We love you! You are the Queen of the POTW forum this week. It will fun to see your picture on the front page of the community. Cheers! LaNell
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/2/2006 12:15:03 PM
Congratulations Shannon! You deserve the recognition. Good luck to you, Your friend, Angela
Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!