Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: May I have your autograph
7/1/2006 8:58:40 PM
Hi Mary and everybody. Just saw where Mary mentioned to Sarka "Also try Wayne's idea to save space" Well would you believe it. It saves space where it is displayed at the bottom of your post. BUT it actually requires a lot more space in the area where you create the signature code. Most programs that allow you to create custom signatures have a limit on how many characters can be used in that area. If you are the kind of person who likes 4,5, or 6 links in your signature, then you will probably run out of creation space. One possible solution is to leave some of your signature links direct just the way they were and create others with the clickable keywords. Or you could remove 1 or 2 links and just keep your most favorite ones. Another option is the one I recently decided upon at my adland signature. (I used to put 3 or 4 links in my sigs - and still do at some other sites) Recently at Adland decided to use my signature space to build a focus for one special link. It takes several lines of signature to convey the broad scope of services available at the page I promote (don't think 1 or 2 lines would do it justice) Then after several lines of info, the link is shown at the bottom. One thought might be to develop a focus on one signature link and have it point to another location where you have the space to more effectively promote those several links you might have previously squeezed into your signature space. Just a thought. Just to recap: The special code needed to hide your actual url and replace it with short clickable keywords actually uses up more space in the area where the signature is created inside the program itself. Hope this helps. Wayne
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/1/2006 9:26:41 PM
Wayne, Thanks for taking the time to come back with a further explaination. Practice, practice, practice. So much to learn. It helps to have a mentor like you.
+0
7/1/2006 9:30:34 PM
Hi Mary, It's me again!! Just made a slight change in my Adland signature. First word in lines ( or any word or group of words) can be set in bold type. It does use up a tiny amount of extra space in the sig creation area but is probably worth it. all the best. Wayne P.S. I am also known online as Builder99. so if you followed one of the links in my sample to a PowerBlog page I am the one who wrote the article. Doesn't it warm the heart of a schoolteacher to find someone who loves to write???
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/2/2006 4:39:37 AM
Hello Mary, Very good forum! While I was working on how to post for you to see the way to build your sig. here on Adland, Wayne did the work for me. LOL! For "bolding" you should use the tags. Of caurse we also have to close it, but here I cannot because you are not going to see it in fact. Just put /b between the two <>. Have a wonderful day. With friendship, Anamaria
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/2/2006 8:09:54 AM
Anamarie, Way to go girl!! That's an American way to praise someone. Like, "That's cool". Very proud of you.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!